Mario is overshadowed

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Scorpion42, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

I only know too well. I'm pretty sure he hates him, since he brought up alot of non-valid points, like his sprites being ugly (I mean, really?)

That is related because it balances (or nerfs, depending on who you ask) Link more. Mario would no longer be the only one who changes size.

2. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

Well Jay thinks his sprites are ugly, at least.

3. Scorpion42

Your mileage may vary.

Jay found that he tried to stay small. Does he avoid mushrooms as Mario too?

4. ketchupninja

Mario =/= Link

5. Scorpion42

That does not answer my question.

6. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Because that question doesn't make sense. Just like KN said, Mario is different from Link. Only because he thinks Link's bigger sprites are ugly, it doesn't mean he have to do the same with Mario.

7. Scorpion42

I doubt that was the reason he tried to stay small.

8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

C'mon Zelda II Link is just weird to control, his sprites ... do not look too good compared to the first Link. Colors are just weird with them. And his attacks would piss almost everyone off. Why did he want to stay small? Here's your answer:
    Jay brought a lotta bad points because he wanted to explain why not putting Zelda II Link in the game, as a lotta people was wondering why Zelda II Link wasn't in SMBC.

But... HOW IN HELL did this topic go to Zelda II Link (which is to me, by the way, a close discussion already) ?!

9. Scorpion42

Controls could easily be changed. Link is a fusion of the two Links, and Links current controls is not based on anything in particular, so it is not a valid point.

That is not an excuse for making bad points.

I already said, it makes Link more balanced, thus making Mario less overshadowed by him. It's also because the moderators locked the thread made specifically for that discussion.

10. ketchupninja

Thus nerfing him,

11. Scorpion42

Depends on your perspective.

12. ketchupninja

You acted as if it was a nerf, saying it balances him.

13. Rey D

Patron

But Zelda II Link with better controls would feel different than what you expect from him, right?

I see. You're just angry. What is a forum for? To discuss about things, bad and good, both.

Ah. The reason for closing's here:

14. Scorpion42

Isn't nerfing a type of balancing?

First of all, I haven't played it that much. Second, Little Link couldn't jump and third: Simon got double jump, Sophia got the ability to latch onto surfaces so why not this?

I thought you knew me better than that.

In which forum are the stories located?

15. Rey D

Patron

I thought you played a lot and that it was why you want him so much. Anyway, changing Link's control is something REALLY different from Simons double jump or Sophia's improvement.

Sorry about it, I do not.

Stories? I don't get what you mean.

16. Scorpion42

Not from the perspective of SMBC itself. He'd control just like Link does now, with the addition of crouch.

Oh okay.

Those made up by the community as they go along. There are two different stories at the moment.

EDIT: Found them! They are located in the Super Mario Bros. Crossover forum even though they have nothing to do with the developement of the game.

17. ketchupninja

Knowing you, I'm going to assume this is a subtle insult of where
    i chose to locate my story. The SMBC sub-forum is not just for things relating to the development of SMBC, but just for things related to SMBC.

18. Jcogginsa

Jcogginsa Level 3: Paratroopa

and i put mine there because KN put his there

19. Rey D

Patron

Actually, the crouch is a NECESSARY for Zelda II Link. Without that, he couldn't attack goombas with normal thrusts. And it'd be still annoying to crouch JUST to attack goombas. Qnd his sword is short so... Qnd the -BEEBEE- sound when you shoot isn't better than the first Zelda's. And it disappears after a short distance. Sure, this can be modified, but Jay tries to match the characters to their games as much as possible.

Then, cool you found them.

20. Scorpion42

Well we can't make him an exact copy of Zelda 2 Link, because he'd not be able to jump over the first pipe. You know, just like Simon and 1.0 Mega Man.

Also, you have to crouch to hit enemies as Ryu, Bill and Samus until you get a Fireflower.

They aren't related to the developement of the game, therefore they shouldn't be in the SMBC forum. Otherwise there is no excuse for locking the Zelda 2 Link thread.