Mario is overshadowed

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Scorpion42, Apr 24, 2011.

1. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

Excuse me, but if you would like to criticize my work, please do it directly. I've already said it in my other post,

2. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Then there is no excuse for locking the thread.

3. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

I apoligize, but I don't see how you came to that conclusion.

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Then how would you change Link?

True. But how would an upgrade allow Link to be able to hit ennemies without crouchin?

5. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Every four posts, three are not about the thread's matter.

Ontopic:
    Zelda II Link makes more sense, however, if Jay doesn't want him at all, we'll have to cope with that.

How about Samus' wave beam? it's supposed to go through stuff. So if it doesn't right now it's to make it less unbalanced, i think.

And Bill's spread shot? I think it should have the same bullet limit as there was on the original Contra, about 8 per given time on the screen, so that constantly shooting was less effective than shooting at the right time, rewarding the skilled player. Also the shots grow over time, which is strange.

Link is weaker than most of the other characters, and still is a very good one. So i think he's already balanced.

6. Scorpion42

The thread was related to SMBC. If that is all that is required then it should have stayed. Even though I deep down know that it's a bad idea to put him in, I still like to discuss how he would work if he was in the game, as you've seen. I imagine how you could make him a fun character, just like you imagine how SMBC would be if it had a plot.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd actually prefer if he's an alternate version of Link. You know, just like Luigi is a higher jumping Mario, Zelda 2 Link would be a taller Link, who can crouch. It would be relatively easy to implement, and shut up those who demand him (including me) while also not pissing off those who don't.

But that is off-topic.

7. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

This is about Mario, not Link.

8. Scorpion42

It is about the other characters (including Link) compared to Mario. I should know, I made the thread.