Official Mario Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Mitewing, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Discuss and post skins based on other games in the Mario series.

2. pokemondream

pokemondream Level 5: Spiny

is this for characters and levels?

3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Just levels right now.

4. pokemondream

lost levels?

5. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Didn't Lost Levels have the same sprites?
    Or did it?

6. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

It didn't Lost levels overworld ground was much rockier... and detailed
    But there is more I just can't remember right now...

7. Mitewing

Lost levels did have some different graphics. I opened this thread because there are cool graphics for skins including Lost Levels, SMB2 USA, SMB3, the original Mario Bros, and the Donkey Kong series, to name some.

Rosalina-Nintendo likes this.
  8. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

That is not Lost Levels skin, that is actually how smb looks like in Japanese version. The Japanese smb is quite different actually, not just the ground looks different but also most of the background objects have eyes(Like in SMB3). It is pretty different looking if you compare the two to each other. I would dare to say that it should be a must to make such skin for SMBC.

9. pokemondream

donkey kong skins?

10. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

11. pokemondream

what a about the pipe underground place

12. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

SNES Mario

Save this into you Auto-tiler folder. I spend an entire day on it.
    [​IMG]
    It's not an exact replica of All-Stars, for several reasons such as the water and lava being animated and the All-Stars tileset being more complicated (and me wanting to challenge myself) The castle's outer walls are kinda cut short, I might make a custom castle later.

Feel free to edit as you please.

13. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

You don't just go stealing all my stuff willy nilly,I made the original concept and you took it over you rotten idiot. I had you on Mario,I had you on the tiles,I had you on everything,I made everything like,2 or 3 months ago you IDIOT!!!!!

14. Mitewing

Has anyone attempted SMB 2 USA skins?

15. Scorpion42

I made this all by myself using Game Maker, Paint and these two strips:
    http://www.mariomayhem.com/downloads/sprites/smas/smb3-enemies_sheet.png
    http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/supermariobros/backgroundobjects.png

I didn't steal it, and I don't like being accused of stealing.
    You don't have copyright on making SMBC 16-bit. Anyone can make a tileset and upload it, since if the graphics belong to anyone, it's Nintendo, who made All-Stars.

I haven't seen any posts that support your claim of having made this months ago. And who's stopping you from making it now? Go ahead. Put you own personal touch on it, like I did, or make it as photorealistic as possible. Hell, you could do it from scratch if you want.

Just don't call me a rotten idiot.

16. HeliosCentaur

HeliosCentaur Level 1: Goomba

What did you use Game Maker for. I'm curious about this program and I've seen, on youtube, some very impressive Castlevania homebrews made with it.

17. Scorpion42

With the newest version of Game Maker, different levels of transparency was available in the built in Sprite Editor. In addition, the Sprite editor has a tool for replacing one color on the entire sprite with another.

18. Dimpsy

But still,you should not just go and steal what is mine,find something else,like maybe do a skin of a Mario hack,or do Super Mario World! Thats a good idea,ok Scorpion,I just really wanna keep it to where I am the one who is making the 16-bit Mario Skin,you can still do 16-bit,but I am already doing Mario Allstars,like I said,do Mario World,its a whole lot simpler anyway,and plus the Allstars is too obvious on doing,either that or we can both work together,I do half and you do half,I do not really care as much!

19. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Guys, stop arguing. Fighting for your name in lights in the credits--if Jay even puts us in the credits--really isn't worth it. If nothing else, it's who was quickest on the draw (uploading and posting) .
    I understand that you are mad, because someone did the work you already did. But, honestly, if you're this frustrated--describing your tiles like they were some grueling, painstaking effort--maybe you shouldn't be an artist. Just sayin'. I, for one, am content to merely make the art--I don't care if it's included.

20. Dimpsy

Dude,I am not saying that. But I said he CAN change it to Mario World since that would be more interesting to do.
    I for one am also doing a few NOBODY thought of!