Official Mario Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Mitewing, Feb 23, 2011.

1. FixitFelixJr1087

FixitFelixJr1087 Level 0: Newbie

well first off, heres what the Felix icon would look like. it might look terrible but here :
    [​IMG]
    I know, its not THAT 8bitish but...if somebody can fix it (like felix) then bam it would work.

well first off, the walking and standing still sprites would be from the remake on Disney's website for Big Felix. and of course from the arcade game. the jumping animation would be him holding his hammer up in the air. the starman frames would be felix's hat flashing colors. There should also be a Fix it Felix Jr. map skin. but ill discuss that later.

Whats your opinion? reply to me for opinion! :D

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Um... I might need to clarify that there was already a Felix skin under works a while back.
    I don't exactly have the motivation to finish it though.

UltraMario3000 and Faruga like this.
  3. FixitFelixJr1087

yeah i know this message wont make any sense but dont give up until the end (well it might not have to deal with the reply but ok)

4. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

well, you know, since it doesn't want to do it right now, you could maybe finish it? I mean, why not? Since you seem to wanna do it right now and all. Although Missingno2 might want permission to do it now I think about it.

5. FixitFelixJr1087

alright ill try but someone needs to rig it when i finish. (PASTING IMAGES INTO MORE IMAGES ROCKS MAN!

CowboyJoseph64 likes this.
  6. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Today I did my first Twitch stream while working on this.

Savant Skin MK3.png

Not in any way complete. Crossed out frames are frames I'll rebuild from scratch.

7. Triton37

Triton37 Level 2: Koopa

Definatly an improvement.

Omicron likes this.
  8. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

9. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

no hotlinking

10. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

I couldn't make the sheet appear, so i used that. The sheet is supposed to be used to improve the GB skins.

11. Faruga

Patron

Mitewing and Omicron like this.
  12. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Mario and Luigi look pretty much just like their SML2 versions which is awesome. And Toad and Peach look like the perfect template for GB versions, along with their smaller Game & Watch versions.

Unrelated, but I think someone started Mario and Luigi skins based on Battle Mode in SMB3 for NES and got stuck on the large sprites. My idea is simply use the large sprites for the game and recolor them accordingly.

EDIT: That someone was @CowboyJoseph64

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  13. Daniel Donatto

Daniel Donatto Level 2: Koopa

Hello! I came back with ideas to expose:
    [​IMG]
    MPA Mario, edited by me. I don't know if it's a problem, but the small Mario is from MPE + and still missing some frames. What do you think?

UltraMario3000 and Mitewing like this.
  14. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

MPA? MPE?
    Umm... I'm going to guess that's Mario Party Advance and Mario Party-e.

Personally, I'd rather see a Mario Vs. Donkey Kong skin. Or maybe Gameboy Donkey Kong skin.
    But this is a cool skin.

15. SiFi

SiFi Level 1: Goomba

A WIP for y'all: Damon* from Demon Returns in human form!

[​IMG]

*according to the only translation of the game I know of, the main character's called Damon and it's the bosses that hold the title of "Demon Prince".

UltraMario3000, Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  16. steamerthesteamtrain

steamerthesteamtrain Level 3: Paratroopa

For shame this place is closing. We really needed these characters for the crossover.
    jumpman.png mario bros.png luigi bros.png super link.png IDK why we even had SMW Mario i hated that game
    (Sorry not a SNES fan.)and possibly. popeye.png Anyway goodbye y'all ill be here http://new-game-plus.com/members/theretrobowser.65/

17. Faruga

Patron

not all of it
    this is one of the parts that isn't

UltraMario3000, Jay and Mitewing like this.
  18. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Oh I don't know. Maybe because most everyone else love it - so much that it's considered a classic, iconic video game. Maybe.

UltraMario3000 and Faruga like this.
  19. SiFi

SiFi Level 1: Goomba

Even if games could objectively be identified as "good" or "bad", falling in the latter catagory wouldn't be a good reason to leave something out. I think that skins like that one should be there for the sake of completion, in this case to complete the original SMB quadrilogy. I thought The Krion Conquest was super lame, but I still think the skins of Francesca and Doropie should be in because the game's such a notorious copycat of the Mega Man formula. But while I'm at it, I'm not the biggest fan of Mario's SMW sprites, but that's because I tend to associate them with a zillion unfunny Mario parodies on Newgrounds.

20. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

because i never pay attention to SMBC skin threads and NG+ isn't helping i just now notice this shit 2 months later.

but yeah I dunno about doing that. If I ever get around to doing a skin again maybe I'll see what it'll look like. But to me it sounds kinda stupid... who knows though.

Mitewing likes this.