Official Mario Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Mitewing, Feb 23, 2011.

1. SiFi

SiFi Level 1: Goomba

Well the odds of it making it into the game are slim anyway, just like with any other new skin.

What I'd really like to see is a downloadable version of SMBC where you can customize/add skins by tinkering with certain directories and text-editable config files or something.

UltraMario3000, Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

If Jay was still converting SMBC to HTML5 then this might've been possible. I can't recall if anyone did this, but has anyone made Wrecking Crew skins? (Mario, Luigi, Foreman Spike)

UltraMario3000 likes this.
  3. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

don't think any one did, but it probably won't work any better than mario bros.

UltraMario3000 and Faruga like this.
  4. Mitewing

Actually I believe the sprites are about the same size as Super Mario. Just would need a custom small version.

5. SiFi

SiFi Level 1: Goomba

We could totally have a Yoshi's Island-based skin if these sprites were used for big Mario and then Baby Mario's sprites could be edited to look more like them for small Mario.

Mitewing likes this.
  6. CowboyJoseph64

not sure how those look like they're from yoshi's island, personally, but okay.

Faruga likes this.
  7. CowboyJoseph64

erm...
    I'm not even sure if I should be double posting just to bitch about modern mario not having gloves/not NSMB mario.
    wait i already did...
    shit.

Faruga likes this.
  8. Mitewing

In the current game "Captain Toad", there's a new mode called "Pixel Toad" accessible with the Toad Amiibo. It's a recolored Toad 8bit sprite from SM3DW with several more frames of animation. Thought I'd post in case anyone is interested.

Faruga likes this.
  9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

By "recolored" sprite, do you mean they changed the blue to be red?

Faruga likes this.
  10. Mitewing

Yes. Also it appears to have new frames.

Faruga likes this.
  11. Mitewing

I was wondering if the Wrecking Crew or Pinball Mari/Luigi Sprites were taller. maybe a custom sprite based on one of those would solve the "Super" problem. Lol

Faruga likes this.
  12. ΗΜ100

ΗΜ100 Level 2: Koopa

Try changing the pallete to RGB and when you are done, create a pallete which has your used colors.

13. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I'm not sure why I didn't suggest that at the time, but he fixed it a long time ago.

14. Banana_22

Banana_22 Level 0: Newbie

I just joined this forum, so where can I get the skin templates?

Edit: Never mind, I'm dumb :p

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  15. ΗΜ100

ΗΜ100 Level 2: Koopa

Demon Cannon. An Alternative Demon skin which comes from ΔΤ Dreamworld. A spritesheet is here: mario_004.png This skin has all colors from SMB1 NES Mario. Its Toad Sprite is Mario Prince and its Peach Sprite is Demon Prince. Please give credit for this one.

16. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

What do you think about Billy from the Famicom title "Armadillo"?

17. Mitewing

Don't know enough about it.

18. segafan02

segafan02 Level 1: Goomba

What if we had a NSMB type of skin, OR a demake of one, I am making a SMW version of the NSMB Mario

what if we a had a metal Mario and metal luigi, there physics would be little different though, you couldn't swim, but you could jump on the cheep-cheeps and bloopers, and you could run, although it would only be as fas as walking on land if your under water, and fire flower could be GOLDEN Mario and luigi. P.S. I'm gonna put this same thing in the Mario section since it also has Mario in it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  19. Mitewing

I like your ideas, but first of all I need to double check what's exactly canonical abilities. The problem with Metal Mario is that no one has so far created 8 bit and 16 bit sprites that look good. If someone can do that we're halfway there.

20. segafan02

segafan02 Level 1: Goomba