Official Mario Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Mitewing, Feb 23, 2011.

1. LiAS

LiAS Level 0: Newbie

Alright, this is a dumb question and I'm pretty sure I already know the answer... if I make a Super Mario (Super as in "Big" Mario) eleven pixels smaller than the original, will the hitbox be too drastically big for the graphics?

2. Sebi

Sebi Level 2: Koopa

This has obviously been done.
    before.
    a lot.
    But I'm making a Hotel Mario skin. It'll use a lot of custom sprites.

Mitewing likes this.
  3. segafan02

segafan02 Level 1: Goomba

Hey guys, I just decided to post this here.
    I am making Crash Bandicoot from, well obviously, Crash Bandicoot.
    Who should the skin be for, and should I make it 8-Bit, 16-Bit, or both

4. Sebi

I'll try and do Genesis Pirate Mario since I've been looking for him for-
    wait a minute, we already have all stars Mario. From smb1. Plus none of you're suggestions really matter as much. Some of them have already been done too,
    but I'll still do Genesis Mario.

upload_2015-7-28_11-42-55.png
    there you go

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  5. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

No, the sprites are slightly different from SMB1 SNES's

6. Sebi

I meant the smb1 remake in allstars.

Fixed formatting error -Rey D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  7. MrDriller

MrDriller Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

TBH, I somewhat like that more than mine =P

8. Sebi

upload_2015-8-12_16-9-50.png
    Wrecking Crew Mario!
    As said, he doesn't have a small animation. He's always big, and he doesn't swim. So he just kinda walks on the water ground and jumps very high. You save what I think is Luigi, may not be correct at the end and his profile is custom my me.
    -Crouch is custom.
    -Sitting is custom.
    The 8th animation of the top row is custom.

Attached Files:

Mitewing likes this.
  9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

That's cool. Did you attempt to make small sprites? I would've simply used SMB small Mario, recolored him, and added the helmet.

Another idea would be to change the Fire Flower and fireballs to the Golden Hammer.

10. Sebi

I need somebody to make some images for me, for my signature of all the things I've created. In walking animations, can you make them for me?
    Images: upload_2015-8-12_16-49-39.png upload_2015-8-12_16-49-56.png upload_2015-8-12_16-50-26.png upload_2015-8-12_16-50-59.png upload_2015-8-12_16-51-45.png upload_2015-8-12_16-52-16.png upload_2015-8-12_16-52-58.png
    I just neeed gifs of these guys walking at a reasonable speed. So I can have these gifs of them, and post them on my sig. Thanks.

Attached Files:

11. MrDriller

MrDriller Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

You can look at my Pac-Man skin for some ideas, Especially for the running and walking frames.

12. Sebi

Thanks, I don't know if I'll remake him any soon but I don't know.

Actually, rewrite that. I'm remaking Pac-Man, the only things I'd take from you is Chomp-Chomp for toad, so thanks for giving me the option. Also, Ms.Pac-Man which I did in the original one I made.

I totally watched the cartoon, and forgot his name was 'Chomp-Chomp'
    what a idiot I am.

upload_2015-8-13_11-25-1.png
    Finished. Credit to MrDriller for Ms-Pac-Man and Chomp-Chomp. I made the portrait. This is a remake of my old Pac-Man. He's kind of like Wrecking Crew Mario. Anyways, done.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
  13. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

This doesn't really fit here (or anywhere public for that matter), but here you go.
    digdug.gif digdugwithjetpack.gif mario.gif nsmb.gif pacman.gif papermario.gif waluigi.gif wreckingcrew.gif
    I probably should've put more effort into touching them up.
    I made all the pure white transparent, but there are still white edges around two of the Marios and NSMB Mario doesn't have hands. The Dig Dug guy to the left could probably use some aligning as well.
    I would recommend that you use something like magenta as the background colour. Everything has white in it, barely anything has magenta in it. It would be even better if you made them transparent right off the bat, but I get that doing that isn't the most elementary of skills.
    Also, if you can, you should probably find a way to scale without having semi-transparent edges. In GIMP, setting interpolation to "None" in the scale tool does the trick, but I don't know about whatever you're using.

Mitewing likes this.
  14. Mitewing

I am looking forward to Super Mario Maker. Hopefully this will trigger a Renaissance of new Skins.

This also should solve many of the "no small/no swimming" sprite issues with the most recent Skins.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Costume_Mario

CowboyJoseph64 likes this.
  15. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

*reads through the page*
    *16 bit sonic*
    awww nintendo, you're so lame. I was really looking forward to seeing what their version of an 8 bit sonic would look like. Oh well.
    All the other ones look quite interesting for an endless amount of skins. I can't wait to see what other people might have to offer.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    Mitewing likes this.
  16. Mitewing

It is lame, but easily converted to 8 bit. The Sonic Pocket colors are a possibility.

The Gold/Silver Mario/Luigi, Dr. Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man, and all the swordsmen (for use with Link) have me the most excited.

17. Sebi

I used transparent
    everything was, but when I copied it from paint.net it made it non transparent.
    Sorry D:

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  18. Starz Lol

Hammer_Bro_SMBC.png
    I fixed some sprites to be less awkward

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Mitewing

I've always loved the Fire Bros! Great job. This, with NES and GB versions should've made it in. I would argue an Ice Bros version for Luigi should've been a thing!

20. Starz Lol

Actually I did this 2 years ago but thanks for the compliment!
    The portrait was done by umm
    not me?

Mitewing likes this.