Official Mario Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Mitewing, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

It's too late to change it to Super Mario World, I'm already done.
    Also, this is not about originality.
    I don't want it to be included. Official skins is a stupid idea in my opinion.

2. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Then what the fuck are you doing in this topic?

3. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Well it isn't finished if its stolen!

4. Scorpion42

Contributing?

I think being able to load skins yourself is a better way than only making certain skins usable. I mean, the other games have much more avanced tilesets, and more of them too, so very different tilesets could be equally good, yet he can't have them all in. Or something.
    Do you even know what that word means? (stolen, that is)

5. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This is absolutely the ideal and everyone would love this to be the case. However, there are certain limitations that make this less feasible, such as game size and skin quality. If Jay just let everyone upload whatever they wanted, it would be chaos. There would be a ton of terrible skins (no offense to those who have portrayed the ability to make skins, but I am referring to people who don't know anything about making skins and don't care about certain important details), and there would be far too much for the game to handle, and the game would suffer lag and long loading times as a result. As for simply uploading a skin from your computer for use on a flash game for a one-time thing until the next time you load the program and upload a skin again, I do not know if that is possible, but I'm leaning towards no, simply because from what I understand flash doesn't work like that. If the game were downloadable, then you could simply have an image folder and you could replace whatever you wanted whenever you wanted and you'd have the game functioning exactly as you want it to now. However, it is not downloadable and is therefore under Jay's control. As I've pointed out before, Jay is not simply going to reject 95% of the skins that come his way (at least not without good reason). I suspect Jay will include some sort of requirements for making skins. If you follow these requirements, there's a good chance your skin will make it in.

6. Scorpion42

Maybe we should make a thread for this discussion, since I keep derailing threads with it.

Also, I was lying when I said it was finished. Here's version 2:
    [​IMG]
    I've remade the castles in a Lost Levels style.
    I've added a horizontal brick variation for the castle levels.
    I've lightened the cracked tiles.
    I've slimmed the horizontal red, white and violet-blue pipes.
    I've swapped the snowy and non-snowy grass-platforms.
    I've added shadow on the underwater sand-tiles.

7. sbq92

This looks really good. It would be interesting to play through SMBC in a 16-bit world.

A series of 16-bit skins would be cool. Mega Man's 16-bit skins could be taken from Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Samus' skins from Super Metroid, Ryu's skins from the SNES Ninja Gaiden Triology. It could look pretty awesome. :)

8. Dimpsy

DUDE,it was my idea 1st!!!

9. Scorpion42

As you've already said it's not a very original thought, so it's very likely that you're NOT the first one to come up with the idea, and by taking pride in the idea you are being a hypocrite.

10. Dimpsy

Well I came before you on the 16-bit Remake,I already have FULL plans on what the whole thing will be.
    I got the tiles done,Mario done,and Enemies done. I even know what I am gonna do for the others,UNLIKE YOU.
    Oh and hows Super Metroid gonna work,they are bigger then the original ones,it might as well be from another game,maybe a remake if you can FIND IT!!!!!

11. sbq92

The level graphics will work just fine since they're all 16x16 tiles. Samus is much bigger, though, so if we want a 16-bit Samus that will fit, it will have to either be from one of the GBA games or an edited version from Metroid or Metroid II to look 16-bit.

12. Dimpsy

Thats what I mean,either Zero Mission or Fusion. It dosen't matter. I was having plans to have Ryu be the ver. from the PC-Engine NES remake. But nobody posted Ninja Ryukenden sprites from the PC-Engine game!

13. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Hey VirtualSonic43, what's whit you? Why do you need to claim "THAT IS MY IDEA!" ? I thought the Exploding rabbit Forum was a place where we're supposed to help each other! If you make your own and sbq92 his own for exemple, I think it'll be easier for Jay to finish the next version, cause some problems you may have maybe not in sbq92's version and some problems sbq92 may have on his own may not be on yours!
    Do you know Tool-Assisted Speedruns? All the Speerunners help each other. Every trick they found is communicated to the other so the community can progress. To me, that is what I think this forum is.

14. Scorpion42

El descarrilamiento continúa

I haven't seen any proof to support you claim. Also, nobody cares.
    The whole thing will be a complete 16-bit style remake of Super Mario Bros. Crossover, obviously.
    I haven't seen any of them. Also, the enemies' sheet hasn't even been released yet, so chances are that yours won't work.
    What

15. sbq92

It seems to me that perhaps this debate between VirtualSonic43 and Scorpion42 should probably occur in PMs. It's detracting from the topic of the thread--sharing Mario skins.

16. The Top Crusader

The Top Crusader Level 1: Goomba

Yeah, sounds like a good plan. Not sure how someone can claim something like that is THEIR idea when pretty much any gamer is going to have the same thought. >_>

So yeah I was so annoyed by VirtualSonic43's strange demands that I had to come out of lurking and join the board to say so. So hi.

17. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Well I think it's over now, let's move on to the next issue for Mario.

And hello Top Crusader! Welcome to the forums!

18. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

The Top Crusader? He's new here. But his avater is better than mine. I hate him. I hope he'll upgrade to GOOMBA GRADE and never upgrade more. :D So I'm kidding around, but this is no spam forum, so let's talk about Mario skin: I can't do Mario skins because the only ones I played are:
    -Super Mario Land on Game Boy
    -New Super Mario Bros. on Wii (a quick play to help my cousins)
    -Mario and Luigi Brothers in Time on DS
    -Super Mario Bros. Crossover

EDIT: In fact, I'm just too lazy to make skins.

19. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Has anyone attempted SMB 2 skins?

20. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu