Official Mario Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Mitewing, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Skins should be made for water mode so that each level would appear submerged in the blue stuff.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

What do you mean?

3. Mitewing

When the water mode is on, every level should have water as part of the scenery. The levels would the same as normal except water is added.

4. Rey D

Patron

Not a bad idea, but (currently) cheats do not affect graphics except with little bubbles. also, water in SMB is blue and not transparent.

5. Mitewing

You're right. Hopefully this would be fixed by 2.0. Yeah the water is blue. It just looks odd to be swimming without the water. It would cool if the entire Mushroom Kingdom appeared flooded when the cheat is on.

6. Rey D

Patron

It does not look THAT odd. Hm... I'll think about a solution. :)

7. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

When I turn Water Mode on in a level, even when turning it back off I can't stomp enemies for the rest of the level.

You know what? I've always wanted to stomp a blooper. How about an inverted Water Mode?

8. Rey D

Patron

What? Another bug? I have to try it out.

Badass idea. VERY BADASS idea.

9. ChozoBoy

ChozoBoy Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Water mode should do this on default. Also, you can stomp flying Bloopers in Lost Levels. :)

10. Jude

Jude Level 1: Goomba

You know who else is good at throwing fireballs?

[​IMG]

The climbing and looking forward sprites are a little weak, but if someone spent more time it could be great. Also needs a portrait.

Edit: I uploaded a new version.

TheomanZero, uglyrodent and sbq92 like this.
  11. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

That's awesome! I would actually change the colors of the small sprite so they match the larger sprite, though, just for continuity's sake. It looks great! :awesome:

12. Rey D

Patron

→ I'm the beta-portraits man. Will do one. Good job by the way.

13. Rey D

Patron

Since it's been some time since I last posted, I'm self-alowing myself to post again. There is the beta-portrait for Jude.
    megamanskin_blackmageportrait.png

I wanted to show a part of their face so it is obvious we're looking at his front and not his side, but it's kind of failed.

TheomanZero likes this.
  14. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I made a Mario skin for my Banjo Kazooie skin project, click here to check it out!

That reminds me of my old character request from a long time ago.

15. Jude

This one needs no explanation.

[​IMG]

16. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Er . . . I don't think just blowing up the sprite to double its size works very well. The proportions won't fit the hitboxes, and the pixel integrity is halved.

Rey D likes this.
  17. Jude

I thought about smoothing it out a bit but haven't bothered yet. He's only a couple of pixels taller than Mario is and, besides the hockey stick, they're about the same width so I didn't really think that the hitbox would be a problem.

I guess I could try scaling him to a different size as long as it doesn't look too distorted. I'll try making a new version tomorrow and see how it turns out.

18. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Made a quick Mario skin to kill time.
    [​IMG]
    Idk why anybody didn't think of this. Reason it's not transparent is because there are Pure White areas in the Sheet and it will mess the Sprites up if I made it transparent.

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Mitewing

Great SMB2 skin. I'd love to see one that combines "Donkey Kong" Mario and "Mario Bros" Mario.

20. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Idea I had once. I did Skin that Mario once but I used the OLD Mario Skin Template. I may remake it.

Mitewing likes this.