Mario's Day

Discussion in 'Skins' started by NotAGirlGamer, Sep 15, 2013.

1. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Well, at least we can grasp the age demographic you're aiming for.
    But seriously, I would highly recommend actually learning to sprite rather than scribbling over preexisting skin sets.

ThomasMink likes this.
  2. NotAGirlGamer

NotAGirlGamer Level 2: Koopa

it is based off nothing, this is my second skin set, and the first skin set I made was poop bros.

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Okay, but does it have any sort of theme or direction? So far it just looks like you added a bunch of splotches, and I have no idea what they mean or represent.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  4. Edwin0080

Edwin0080 Level 5: Spiny

I do not that's it know but this was done in Paint

5. NotAGirlGamer

YOU HEARD ME. GIMP.

6. Edwin0080

GIMP is a program for transparency

7. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

A tool doesn't reflect the quality of the work.
    Sometimes, a skin made on MS Paint looks better than one made on GIMP.

PS.:Quote NotAGirlGamer's Sig:
    OH PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO!
    We'll have yet another "Evil" Skin with slightly red eyes.
    Or worse:
    MEGAMAN'S DAY!

MissingNo2, Edwin0080 and TheomanZero like this.
  8. NotAGirlGamer

Nah, we wont have evil megaman or megaman's day

9. TiagoDu

Oh thank God. :p

10. Edwin0080

hola a la tarta. si te gusta megaman , haré pieles para él.: Mario: You can make skins for megaman but other than recolors have to be good not nonsense skin

11. NotAGirlGamer

I can make recolors if I want. DEAL WITH IT. PS.
    YOU KIDDING ME? HELLO TO THE CAKE? ITS HI TO THE PIE!!!

12. TiagoDu

It's ok if you wanna make recolors, but the ER team is going to keep recolor skins to a minimum, especially those not related to a real game.
    If you want to get your skin on the game, you better be a REALLY GOOD spriter, or make something related to a real game.
    However, if you're making skins just for fun (Like i did once), feel welcome to bring in fan edits. They still have to be of at least moderate quality, however...

Omicron likes this.
  13. Edwin0080

For your skin in the game be of a real game

14. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Sigh... here we go.

→ Fan characters, slight edits, recolors and MS-Paint brush splotches have been brought up a bunch of times on the past, and none invoked good reactions from the community.
    → Skins should represent actual settings or characters, because unofficial, fan-driven material diverges from the point of SMBC.
    → For the music to be useable on SMBC, it must be in the original format dumped by emulators, not waveforms and/or variations. Here is a list of supported systems:
    [​IMG]
    Notice, however, that Genesis/Mega Drive music tends to be too big and is generally avoided to maintain a short loading time.
    → Even if your edits were significant, they cover less than 10% of the entire skin, so I would call that incomplete.
    → Start over with a clear concept, make notes of what you plan for the skin. Notes help to stay focused and maintain consistency.
    → Experiment with the color-replacer tool of your image editor.

MissingNo2 and TheomanZero like this.
  15. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! That's funny. Does he even compress the files?!?!?

that might only be me that's having problems, though, because this laptop is crappy as fuck.

16. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Yes, you download 6MB from the site to play SMBC and then on the second loading screen it decompresses itself to 34MB. However, for example, all of SMB3 music sums up to 50 kb. A single Genesis track will be around half a meg.
    I don't understand the context.

ThomasMink and Faruga like this.