Not a Bug Mega Man can no longer Slide continuously

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by TheomanZero, Feb 12, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

In version 1.2, Mega Man could slide for long distances without ever standing up by holding Down and tapping Jump repeatedly. In version 2.0, this no longer works, and Mega Man occasionally stops and stands up. I'm not sure if this is a bug or was done on purpose, but either way I think it should be changed back, as it can cause problems.

2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

The ability to slide constantly was added in 1.2 because it was a neat feature for Mega Man. However, 2.0 brings more accurate control schemes to all of the characters, and since Mega Man has never been able to slide continually in his own games, that feature was removed to reflect the more accurate slide controls. I do agree it was nice, but I rather prefer the more accurate controls.

uglyrodent and World 1-1 like this.
  3. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

I think it should be a toggleable option. While having more accurate controls is nice, being able to slide constantly makes crossing one-block gaps with Mega Man much easier and less nerve-wracking.

huang17 likes this.
  4. sbq92

Well, you could always just not slide across small gaps. :p I certainly don't risk it, since I know the controls don't guarantee a safe crossing.

5. Zunar

True. The only gaps I slide across are the several gaps in a row of that one castle... I think it's 6-4, but I'm not quite sure. It's really hard to go across them without sliding if playing as Mega Man.

TheomanZero likes this.
  6. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

I think it makes the game too easy when he can constantly slide.

sbq92 likes this.
  7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

This is what happens.
    1. Mega Man sees a series of little gaps
    2. Mega Man slides to avoid multiple jumps
    3. Mega Man stops sliding suddenly
    4. Mega Man falls
    5. He could die or bounce away
    But yeah that was making the game easy.

8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Fair enough . . .

9. Zunar

At least make his sliding smoother. Where you could rapidly press the button to continuously slide, and he wouldn't randomly stand up.

10. sbq92

That's what this thread is all about... And Jay implicitly said he's going to leave it as it is (I could be wrong, but that's what I got from what he said).

11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Solution:
    -Learn how long an individual slide takes
    -Tap slide again right as one is ending
    -Barely noticeable gap between slides, if any at all

Seriously, on a good day I can keep sliding without even seeing him stand. It just takes a little practice.

sbq92 likes this.