Mega Man Debate Topic

Discussion in 'Skins' started by CHAOS_FANTAZY, Jan 12, 2011.

1. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

I know, but since the current levels don't have those, wouldn't it be weird if you were never in Wily's castle at all?

2. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Here's a better revision of this :
    Overworld - Plant Man
    Platform - Wind Man
    Underground - Gutsman
    Underwater - Bubble Man
    Castle - Solar Man
    Sky/Coin Heaven - Air Man
    Black and White - Time Man? (I know he's not from an 8-bit game) or something along the lines of Mega Man 4-6.

3. MissingNo2

I'm... not feeling it. You do know that each world can represent different areas, right? It's not as strict as we used to think.

4. Dimpsy

Oh then hell, might as get people to make Mega Man 1-10 Level Skins, as there's 8 Robot Masters of just about each game. MM1 would have Time Man and Oil Man included (Would have them be custom or taken from Mega Man Powered Up's data as I think there are retro tilesets for them 2).

5. MissingNo2

I still think it would make much more sense to just stick with the masters that Mega Man snagged weapons from for SMBC. (also we should add Splash Woman to that list because two water stages and all.)

6. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Who says it has to be water? If the air bubble can be removed from characters it can be considered an area with low gravity.

7. MissingNo2

Actually yeah, I do like the sound of Galaxy Man's stage instead. So this way we can use all eight 8-bit Mega Man games.

Mitewing likes this.
  8. MissingNo2

Your point was either to make skins of every single game or split them up through level types.
    Neither of which were my point.

9. Mitewing

Here's another idea: Each world represents an 8 bit MM game. The four levels per world could represent 4 Robot Masters (including the one where MM & Bass obtain their weapon) or 3 Robot Masters and every 4th level is a different Wily Castle.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  10. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Remember that each character skin has music set for each level type, and although one additional music for a theme can be added, there is currently no saying they can give a skin a lot more musics.

So would having a limited amount of musics for a bigger variety of stage themes (as in Robot Master themes) be an issue or not?

11. MissingNo2

Allow me to dumb down my point for VS's sake.

My idea is to have each world represent a single Robot Master from each game based on the weapons available to Mega Man and Bass. So one world would be Guts Man, another would be Pharaoh Man, etc. This does NOT mean basing level themes off of Robot Masters, or doing an entire skin off of each game (which is what VS's point was). I'm referring to having entire worlds be based around a single Robot Master and the Wily Castle it came from.

Mitewing likes this.
  12. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

What about the swimmers (Mario and Sophia) then?

13. MissingNo2

I may be wrong on this, but I think Mario always swam in the Space Zone of SML2. If I'm wrong on that, I know for sure as hell that he swam in space in Super Paper Mario.

14. Mitewing

Good point. My bad.

15. Dimpsy

Super Mario Land 2 had a Space Zone where Mario can swim in space, so yea it's totally possible for Mario. Sophia on the other hand, well, same can be done for Sophia easily because we can just make an excuse and say that it's a jet.

16. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

True, but it seems like an excuse that doesn't need to be made. It's not like there's a shortage of water stages in Mega Man games. Then there's the (relatively minor) issue that all the pipes to water levels go down.

17. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

So we make them go up.
    Simple as that.
    ...WAITWAITIHAVEAMOREREASONABLEEXCUSE
    In the water level pipes, there's a bit that goes up, right?
    THAT PART'S A CANNON!

MissingNo2 likes this.
  18. Squaff

Squaff Level 5: Spiny

Well, I think you're all wrong. terribly terribly wrong and terrible people for being wrong. Now, most suggestions are okay, but let's get down to the real issue... Gutsman should be the 8th world. Why? Gutsman statues should be all over the end of Wily's Castle. Now, I'm not saying this because I'm bias... oh wait.

Dimpsy likes this.