Official Mega Man: Get your gamepads ready!!

Mega Man, from Mega Man, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

This thread is specifically for the in depth discussion of Mega Man in Super Mario Bros. Crossover. Feel free to post hints, tips, tricks, ideas, suggestions, impressions, etc.

Wiki Page: http://www.explodingrabbit.com/wiki/Mega_Man

2. yerffej

yerffej Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

To whomever made the "Bowser Hammer" colors in the wiki is a genius. I would have never thought to use those colors when I originally submitted the idea.

3. aliceandsven

I don't quite have the time to read that at the moment, but I certainly will when I get home.

All I can say is, if Jay really is planning on allowing Mega Man to use special weapons, throwing mario bricks is a MUST HAVE!!

Mega Man would immediately become my favorite character.

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

That was me, actually. :) I figured there should be a difference in color if there was going to be a difference in weapon. Good job on the idea in the first place, though. I think it would be fun to shoot Bowser's fire and throw Bowser's hammers. Actually...this just gave me an idea... Nothing major, but just a thought about something.

EDIT: I just changed the Bowser Hammer from the 'shooting' pose to the 'throwing' pose. That was the idea. Nothing major, but a small detail to consider anyway.

I agree! :D

Interestingly (and conveniently), the Super Arm's color matches the color of the bricks exactly.

5. yerffej

yerffej Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Also genius. Makes more sense then shooting hammers.

6. aliceandsven

I'm not too sure about B. Fire, seems kind of boring. The flames move so slow, they'd have to kill everything and go through everything on every difficulty in one hit (including destroying blocks)

7. sbq92

If the power-up system is designed in such a way as to not get Bowser Flame until after finishing World 7, then making it powerful could be justified. It would move slowly, but it should deal constant damage (hits every half second or so) as it moves through enemies and bricks. Also, it would probably make sense to have it use a fair amount of weapon energy (perhaps 3 or 4 units?).

This is getting into a special weapon discussion, however, and there is already a thread for that. :p

8. wheelchairchiefthe2ned

wheelchairchiefthe2ned Level 1: Goomba

I had made a Megaman charater Requests only thread it did'ent go so well... and aliceandsven taght me a couple rules next time i'll make a better topic...cause ppl learn from there mistakes...RIGHT? lol jk but really.

I think, instead of rush coil spring ability jay should replace it with the rush jet adapter ability it's better that way, look i'll bring a sprite. [​IMG]

9. sbq92

It's good that you're learning, wheelchairchief, but you still double posted. :p Don't be afraid to use the "Edit post" button if you have something more to say. :)

The Rush Jet Adapter would be awesome, I agree. It might be a bit overpowered, but it would be very fun nonetheless. I don't know if it should replace the Rush Coil, though. The Rush Coil is somewhat more iconic than the Rush Jet Adapter, and it does have its benefits.

I just came up with a new idea for special weapons (I've been brainstorming special weapons like crazy lately). I'm not going to suggest it here because this isn't a request thread, but the idea can be found on the Mega Man's Special Weapons thread (post #10 on that thread).

10. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

sbq92, your ideas for Mega Man speacial are just awesome! I MUST have'em! Cause I really have it ine the ass when I forget that Mega Man's jump's been decreased (I try to play with no cheat).

11. sbq92

I'm glad you like the ideas! Unfortunately, how Mega Man's special weapons work is not my call. I can come up with ideas as much as I want, but it's ultimately up to Jay to decide if/when and how to incorporate the special weapons.

12. Rey D

Patron

Yeah, I know. I hope Jay hear our call. \o/

13. MDK

MDK Level 1: Goomba

Those suggestions remind me of the Mega Man vs. Metroid/Ghosts'n'Goblins flash games where Mega Man could gain Samus' missiles and Arthur's lance upon beating them - stellar idea!

And of course, since ammo has recently been added for Samus and Sophia, separate energy meters could also feasibly be added for Bowser's fire and hammers respectively, so as to limit their usage and balance them out, with enemies randomly dropping energy refills a la Classic Mega Man.

EDIT: I really ought to have read the wiki link before posting. At any rate, I am utterly in love with this idea!

14. Rey D

Patron

I got a great problem with Mega Man. In 8-4, the ultimate castle. Just at the beginning. You have to jump and reach the other side. I jump and.... fall. It's really hard to do this. I succeded to this jump only one single time. Anyone got this problem too? Or am I really bad at playin?

EDIT: This problem goes also with Link and Bill, but I succeeded more times with them.

15. sbq92

You have to get RIGHT to the edge of the bottom stair before jumping. The jump is a little tricky, but it's not impossible. Just keep practicing it. :)

16. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Yes. And I got really mad at the first time because I got a lost all my lives trying that. FAIL.

17. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Mega Man is actually the character (apart from Mario) that I am the MOST satisfied with at the current moment. Maybe give him the Rush-Sub. Fire Storm is great and makes sense, I just somehow don't care about the rest of his special weapons. Maybe if someone comes up with a more simple, but also faux-authentic system.

18. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I've noticed that if you start holding the Attack button as Ryu when he's coming out of a pipe or something (in a position where he cannot swing his sword), he'll still throw his Windmill Shuriken when you release it. However, this does not work for Mega Man: he cannot charge his buster unless he actually fires a shot first. Is this difference intentional? (If not, I'll put this on the Bugs page.)

19. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

If megaman were to get those skills each level id play as him

20. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I agree with this. I am certainly in favor of Rush Marine, and Fire Storm is perfectly suited to the Fire Flower. Someone (I forget who) mentioned replacing Fire Storm's shot sprites with the actual ones from Mega Man 2 (which do come in normal, partially-charged, and fully-charged varieties), and I agree that this would be a nice touch.

Oh, and uglyrodent suggested that Mega Man's slide be replaced with the Charge Kick when he has a Fire Flower. I'd like that too.