Official Mega Man: Get your gamepads ready!!

Mega Man, from Mega Man, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

I could swear it was taking up more than that, but I'll take your word for it.

I did not know that. Still, if anything that just encourages me to use the buster *more* than the subweapons.

2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

In 3.02 it costs 2 units, but future versions will cost no more than 1 unit (I've already adjusted it in the dev version).

aliceandsven likes this.
  3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I think Coil is right next to the buster, so just press the combo and another button real quick.

A little bit of practice and it should become easy

4. BTB

Ah, yeah, I see what you mean. I take it RC is always the last in the pack, so a revert to the mega buster and then one cycle back is an immediate call for it regardless of how full your list is.

It's a bit contrived, but it works for the time being. I'd still like to see an easier way to summon Rush (I hate to beat on a dead horse, but I got spoiled on how it worked in the earlier versions), but I imagine what ultimately ends up happening with that is going to hinge largely on whatever future plans y'all have to include the other Rush adapters.

(I suppose if it's just the Rush Marine, then it could just automatically replace the RC when it lands in the water. Would definitely make summoning it less of a chore.)

5. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

This might be a silly suggestion, but since Rush Coil is occasionally needed for Mega Man to pass certain sections, and it can be a bit disruptive/inconvenient to temporarily switch to Rush Coil for one-time use and then back to regular buster, why not have an option for Rush Coil to be enabled at any time by pressing up+attack, or up+special? I realize this wouldn't be faithful to the original games, but I do think for some players it would improve gameplay. It would be nice If Rush Coil could even be summoned when another weapon attack is currently selected, perhaps as a cheat.

6. aliceandsven

It is easy enough to select rush coil. Remember to press Select + Special at the same time to return immediately to the Buster, then Coil like one button press away from that. With practice it should become second nature whenever you need it.

7. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I find it much harder to Dash-Jump as Rokko-chan than as Bass. Was this intentional?

8. sbq92

Not really. It's more a matter of me having no clue why her dash-jump works differently than Bass's. :p

You could try to get into the habit of not holding down when you go to dash-jump, since Bass doesn't have to anyway.

Faruga likes this.
  9. aliceandsven

Mega Man doesn't jump if you're holding down, so it might be an artifact from default MM code.

10. sbq92

It could be. When I first gave Rokko Chan the dash instead of the jump, I tried to fix it but I couldn't find where the issue was. I know a bit more about the code now, though, so I'll probably take another look at it.

ThomasMink likes this.
  11. BTB

I tried this and it doesn't work. Is "tab" still select?

On another note... does anyone else feel like Elec and Bomb Man's BGM for Mega Man should be swapped around. Bomb Man feels more like "regular" overworld music and Elec Man was a vertical stage and so fits in better with the "treetop" stages, I think.

12. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

They changed it to A, probably because it would otherwise interfere with the fullscreen or something.
    Now that you mention it, it does seem like it would sound better.

13. sbq92

Yeah, we used A because we discovered in Internet Explorer, Tab actually shifts focus away from the game.

luigiman64, aliceandsven and Faruga like this.
  14. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

15. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Is anyone familiar with the "Day in the Limelight" fangames? You play levels as Robot Masters. This could help with thinking of ideas to make Robot Master skins behave differently.

TheomanZero likes this.
  16. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

New item: Buster Booster
    Gives 25 extra Damage, 150 extra for charged shots, Speed Shot and Auto Faster Charge

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  17. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

. . . What would that be based on? I don't remember that from any Mega Man game.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  18. NeedsMoreStuff

Megaman 8, and Bass, the best games about Megaman

19. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

BRING UP THE DEFENSES
    YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE MURDERED BY HATERS
    I'M SORRY, I'M SO SORRY
    On another note, I looked up the Buster Booster on the MMKB and it doesn't exist.

20. NeedsMoreStuff

It's SMBC item for Auto Charge, Speed Shot and Quick Charge