Official Mega Man: Get your gamepads ready!!

Mega Man, from Mega Man, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Actually, given the charging factor, Fire Storm doesn't make sense. It looks good, to be sure, but Fire Storm never charged in the original. I've been pushing for Atomic Fire for a long time, although I suppose now that the skinning is implemented an Atomic Fire skin can easily be implemented.

2. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

I meant it makes sense because you get it when picking up a Fire Flower. But Atomic Fire could work too, I guess. As long as it is something with fire.

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Actually I think I was confusing Fire Storm with Atomic Fire. I'm in favor of the one from Mega Man 2 (which is Atomic Fire, right?) and using the appropriate sprites.

4. sbq92

Yup, Atomic Fire is from Mega Man 2. I suppose the charging would be slightly different, since in MM2 the Atomic Fire would start charging on button press and then only shoot when the button was released. I'm guessing it would behave differently in SMBC, especially if it's just a skin, but that's okay. It's a minimal difference, and it's for the better anyway. :)

5. TheomanZero

I support it working like just an upgraded version of the regular buster, like Mega Man's Fire Flower does now.

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

We don't have to get our keyboards ready! We must now have our gamepads ready! But I use a keyboard!

7. Scorpion42

Me too!

8. Rey D

Patron

It's true that SMBC was designed to be played with a gamepad but "Get your keyboards ready!" sounded better to me.

9. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

There are easy ways to play with a gamepad, including the normal connection of a 360 or PS3 controller.

You can buy little SNES controller ports with a USB port on the other side, so it goes into your computer and the SNES controller you may or may not own can go into the controller port. The ones I've seen are around $20.00 USD. Still haven't got one yet, but if I do a gamepad for SMBC, that's what I'd probably use.

10. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I use a Madcatz 360 controller and Joytokey. Works perfectly.

11. sbq92

I've been playing games on emulators and otherwise with the keyboard for so long that using a controller for a game on the PC just feels weird now.

12. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I found a ps2->usb cord at a garage sale after I had defeated Plant Man.

13. TheomanZero

I have a Logitech Dual Action USB. It comes with its own emulator.

14. Olivora

Olivora Level 0: Newbie

I think that saw blade powerup should be used for the mushroom powerup, that would be amazing.

15. Rey D

Patron

Yeah, a blade for Mega Man NES. there's no blade in Mega Man until Zero, if I remember well.

16. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I think they're referring to the Metal Blades from Megaman 2

17. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

wow... have not been on the site for months,anyway Megaman getting some of his weapons from MM 1-6 and 9 and 10 would be awesome. i personally like the thunderbeam,metal blade,needle cannon,drill bombs from 1-4 cant think of any others.

18. Rey D

Patron

Ah yeah (5 days later,what a great timing) the Metal Blades. I didn't think about them, since they've already been mentioned many times earlier.

19. Ivan Esteban

Ivan Esteban Level 0: Newbie

Hi. Been enjoying this game for a few months and thought I'd throw in my two cents on Megaman.
    First off, I just beat the game with him and I thought some of the song choices were odd. So here's my *perfect* tracklist for him: (*songs I agree with.)

Selection: RM Chosen (MM4)
    Overworld: Wily Castle 1 (MM2)
    Underworld: Crystalman (MM5)
    Underwater: Bubbleman (MM2)*
    Night: Starman (MM5)
    Castle: Wily Castle 2 (MM2)
    Entering Pipe: Game Over (MM10)
    Bonus Area: Airman (MM2)*
    Invincibility: Title (MM2)*
    Hurry: Robot Master Battle (MM4)
    Death: Death SFX*
    Game Over: Game Over (MM2)*
    Stage Clear: Stage Clear (MM2)*
    Castle Clear: Game Clear (MM2)*
    Ending: Ending/Credits (MM1)

Some thing's I'd change as far as his gameplay is concerned:
    Power up - Mushroom: I'd change it to the Mega Buster from MM4 it's still a narrow shot and doesn't look 'shoehorned'.
    Power up - Fireflower: I'd definitely change this to Heatman's weapon since it is about the same size and has charge capability and again it doesn't look 'shoehorned'.
    Rush Coil: Would make the wait for him to appear more worth while if it was the MM5 version. Also, it makes more sense to me to have the alt command be down + C rather than up.

Other than these small tweeks I think he's perfect.

20. Scorpion42

I agree. I keep accidentally pressing down + C. Would be great if it was correct.