Official Mega Man: Get your gamepads ready!!

Mega Man, from Mega Man, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe have the command be Up or Down + C? Alternatively, it could be Down + C for placing the Rush Coil directly below you, and Up + C to use the MM5 Rush Coil instead. Personally I think there's a good reason that version was only used in one game (you can only start moving left or right once you jump off of Rush, rather than controlling your bounce from the beginning), but having both versions available could work.

I don't know what you mean by 'shoehorned', exactly, but I think the MM5+ charged shot just straight-up looks better than the MM4 charged shot. The MM4 one just looks unattractive to me, and I'm glad it was replaced so quickly.

I've said this before, but I agree with you entirely on changing Fire Flower to Atomic Fire. It already works more like Atomic Fire anyway (except that it charges differently), and I kind of prefer Mega Man's Atomic Fire color scheme to his Fire Storm colors anyway. I think the one mitigating factor here is that some people don't think that Atomic Fire's shots look as pretty. I think it would look fine if we used the Level 1 sprites for uncharged shots, Level 2 sprites for partially charged, and Level 3 for fully charged. We should probably keep the Mega Buster charging sound, though, because the Atomic Fire sound is kind of annoying.

(Oh, and in case it's not clear, I think Atomic Fire should just work like an upgraded Mega Buster the same way Fire Storm does now. The change would be purely cosmetic.)

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

The Charge shot has been changed? When? How?

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Up + x is the iconic NES button combo for abilities and things.

4. TheomanZero

Er, it hasn't. We're just discussing things. Ivan Esteban said that he thinks SMBC should use the charge shot graphics from Mega Man 4 (which were different from the ones used starting in 5), and I said that I disagreed. SMBC currently uses the charge shot graphics from Mega Man 5 and 6.

Also I was pointing out that Mega Man's current Fire Flower weapon can be charged, and so can Atomic Fire, but they do not charge in quite the same way, and I think that if Mega Man's Fire Flower weapon is changed to Atomic Fire, it should still charge the way it does now.

5. Rey D

Patron

Hmm I played only Mega Man 2 and haven't used the Atomic Fire any time. I think I should find out where my password is today.

6. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

That should be an option, by the way.

7. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

After doing some research, I found there were two MM games for DOS. They were Mega Man and Mega Man 3. They give MM the ability to swim and 9 new and unique Robot Masters (although some of them share names with others from the main series that appear later). We should look more closely at these games for ideas.

8. TheomanZero

I thought those games weren't any good.

9. Mitewing

Probably not, but still they can useful for references or trying to come up with ideas. Like SMBS, if reworking them to be more like the NES MM games, they could be interesting at the very least.

10. TheomanZero

Well, I suppose . . . I'd still rather have Rush Marine than swimming, though.

11. Mitewing

As would I, but I'd like to think if swimming is also added, then it shouldn't be as good as Rush Marine.

Speaking of Rush, wouldn't it be awesome for an option to have him follow Mega Man throughout the game, similar to how Tails follows Sonic? It would emphasize the fact that Rush is your partner/"best friend" and that Mega Man is not alone in his mission.

12. Rey D

Patron

→ That's interesting but it would recquires custom sprites, right?

13. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

But then Rush Coil will need it's own Rush Coil.

AHH!!

Rey D and Mitewing like this.
  14. Mitewing

Yeah, probably. Just thought it would be neat to see.

15. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Mega Man Needs his Jet and Power Suit.

16. Rey D

Patron

→ Make a skin with Rush on Mega Man's every sprite?

17. Paul Vincent Larcena

Paul Vincent Larcena Level 1: Goomba

i suggest the cheat for megaman that he can charge on its own without holding the button called "auto charge".

i see the trailer v2.0 and no megaman and bass in 16 bit. 16 bit sprite of megaman can be seen in megaman 7.

18. Rey D

Patron

→ This was suggested in the Cheats Suggestions and discussions thread.
    → Yeah, so?

By the way, you double-posted. I'm reporting, try not doing this again! :)

19. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

There's a 16-bit version of Protoman in the trailer, which means there is likely already a 16-bit version of Mega Man. The graphical style looks like it's from the Wily Wars on Genesis. Not SNES, but still 16-bit. :) Actually, the MM7 Mega Man might be too big, but I guess we'll have to wait until someone tries it out.

20. TheomanZero

Wait, what? I didn't see a 16-bit Proto Man in that trailer. I did see a 16-bit version of Mega Man, though (just a reshade of his 8-bit sprites).
    It's definitely too big. Mega Man 7's sprites were absurdly oversized.