Official Mega Man: Get your gamepads ready!!

Mega Man, from Mega Man, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I don't like it either. Still better than jumping mid dash.
    Nah, you just gotta use it tactically.

I'll be honest, I hate aiming with Bass. I can't get the knack.

This is Zero, commonly agreed to be hugely badass:
    [​IMG]
    These are Zero's ridiculous boob lights:
    [​IMG]

BTB, are you arguing that Link and Mega Man's problem is that they have too many weapons then? That seems an odd way to suggest they're underpowered...also, Bass has tons of reasons to exist, in the storyline and as a unique way to use Mega Man's powers and abilities.

2. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

Sort of. A better way to phrase it would be that their upgrades are more about quantity than quality. As we sort of already stated in Link's thread (I'm conversing on way too many fronts at once, here), his sword and boomerang are his most powerful weapons, yet they're the two he starts out with. Likewise, Mega Man can charge his regular gun, which I think is pretty much more useful than anything except the metal blade.

Now, Samus is a good example of upgrades that are actually useful. This is because they upgrade her main weapon and give her new abilities rather than just give her a list of sub-weapons that are barely worth the effort to tab over to. At the very least, it would be easier to select Mega Man's weapons through a pause screen like he does in his own games - precious seconds lost while trying to choose the right one are precious seconds you usually can't spare.

I really can't argue with this on the basis that I think the whole series went to crap after the third game and never played anything past the sixth.

3. uglyrodent

I every item on both Link and Mega Man to be, if not thoroughly USEFUL, at least really fun to use. And each one is pretty unique. Even if you don't use them, they may complement a lot of people's playstyles pretty well.

4. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

I definitely agree with the "fun to use" part. The trouble is that when we're talking about the limited availability that comes with upgrades that go away when you die, they do need to be much higher on the "useful" scale.

For the record, I'm one of the people that actively tries to use all of the special weapons when playing through a Mega Man game. I pretty much destroy MM3 when I play it, and I do it using every single one of the sub-weapons to quite good effect. It's a lot of fun, but again, not to beat on a dead horse, that would be very hard to do if Mega Man died in just two hits.

sbq92 likes this.
  5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'll just time in to say that I agree that the slide should be fixed, and having a pause screen to change weapons would be convenient (and truer to the original games). For Link, cycling through his three sub-weapons with Select is fine, but for Mega Man and Bass it should bring up a Mega Man-style weapon menu (the design of which matches the Interface Skin).

uglyrodent likes this.
  6. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I have found the weapons to be more and more useful. You just need to learn when to use them. Metal Blade is awesome against Lakitu, for example, and not just because of the aiming, but it also brings him down fast.

I think it would be neat if Jay made certain enemies actually weak against certain weapons. In the Mega Man series, nearly every enemy has a weakness, not just the Robot Masters. There are some enemies that take five shots from the buster, but go down in a single shot from their weakness. It would be cool if the enemies in SMBC also had weaknesses. This would add a bit more strategy and usefulness to the weapons. :)

I would also like to mention that I really do think Mega Man should start with Rush Coil and be able to use it no matter what his power-up status is. It's in line with all of the NES/PS3 titles, and it would also be in line with Link starting with and always having his boomerang. Link doesn't even start with the boomerang in LoZ! It definitely needs to use up weapon energy, but that is also in line with the original games.

uglyrodent and TheomanZero like this.
  7. TheomanZero

I definitely agree with this, for exactly the reasons you said. Then we could bring back his lower jump height and the High Jump cheat as well, to give the game more options.

uglyrodent likes this.
  8. sbq92

I don't think the low jump should come back, mainly because if you do run out of energy for Rush in the natural course of things, you're stuck.

uglyrodent and TheomanZero like this.
  9. TheomanZero

I hadn't thought of that. Good point.

10. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

I think you mean "get one block high", because it's about things he doesn't have.

11. sbq92

I am having a love affair with these special weapons. :awesome:

Flame Blast should be called Flame Beast. Man. Wow. What a weapon! Pharaoh Shot makes an amazing Spiny Egg and Cheep Cheep umbrella. Metal Blade is a turtle killer. Hard Knuckle is great in a pinch against shelled enemies and Bullet Bills. So much fun! :D And I don't even really need to worry much about ammo. Enemies normally drop enough ammo to keep me going.

I love Super Arm, but its use is often limited. I'm scared of using Charge Kick in case my slide stops short and I get hurt. Water Shield is...well, it's not horrible, but it's not very strong. I haven't found a great use for it yet. At first I thought it would be great against flying Cheep Cheeps, but it's not actually all that useful for that purpose. Pharaoh Shot is much better (although, I suppose if you don't have Pharaoh Shot, Water Shield will do). If Water Shield were just a little bit stronger, it could be a lot better. Rush Coil is great in some cases, but I find I don't need him very often. (I think that's actually another point in favor of starting with him: he's not actually useful enough to warrant "wasting" a power-up pickup getting him. He's more of a utility like Link's Boomerang, though not even quite as useful as that.)

But I digress. I think the weapon selection is fantastic. At first (i.e., before I understood how the Koopas worked) I thought Flame Blast was too weak (I'm used to one-shotting everything with it in MM6). I've gotten the hang of it now, though, and it's simply amazing. Oh yeah, it kills Bloopers in two hits! TWO! :awesome:

uglyrodent likes this.
  12. uglyrodent

I agree with most of that, but personally I LOVE the Water Shield. I thought it was pretty bad when I first used it, but then I found out it's all a matter of timing your movements with the rotation of the bubbles. I'm still not GREAT with it, but I can pull off a couple tricks :p

Although they could stand to do a little more damage >_>

sbq92 likes this.
  13. sbq92

I'll have to practice with the Water Shield. I've been focusing on my Flame Blast usage. That weapon is all kinds of awesome. I love that you don't necessarily have to hit the enemy, just near the enemy, since the Flame Blast lingers after it hits the ground. I'm going to have to work on Link, Ryu, and Simon with their selection of weapons as well. :)

uglyrodent likes this.
  14. Yokuro Ado

Yokuro Ado Level 2: Koopa

I wonder when we'll get the Rush Marine and Rush Jet... also Fire Storm was gone too.

15. sbq92

Flame Blast is awesome.

Mitewing and aliceandsven like this.
  16. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Dude I'm going to youtube, liking that video, and subscribing to your channel because you have serious skill and that video is awesome!

sbq92 likes this.
  17. NeutralZero

NeutralZero Level 1: Goomba

I know you already talked about the rush jet adapter and the power adapter,but I would still like the adapters more as they recharge while the rush coil runs on ammo.

Thats my opinion.

18. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Who else thinks it would be really awesome to play through the whole game with the underwater cheat on once Rush Marine is added? I think it would be amazing!

sbq92 and TheomanZero like this.
  19. Narematto

Narematto Level 3: Paratroopa

je suis trop deg, parce que dans le monde 8-4, J'ai tiré avec mega man sur un spink (mais comme il avait une coquille solide, sa à rebondit malheuresement j'ai sauté à ce moment et je me le suis pris en plaine tronche),

Et après je suis mort.

Je recommence le niveau je tue bowser grâce à la hache mais au lieu d'aller voir Peach il se suicide,
    (j'étais tellement énervé que j'ai faillit donner un coup de poing à l'écran.)

Puis l’ordinateur me dit qu'il n'y a plus de batterie et il s'éteint au moment ou je branche la batterie.

20. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Translation: