Official Mega Man Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by sbq92, Feb 8, 2011.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Discuss and post Mega Man skins here.

I'll start the thread off with a sample of 4-2 using Guts Man's stage graphics. For skinning purposes, his ground pattern is strange. It has a single-tile repeating as the top portion, and the bottom portion is a two-tile repeating pattern, but with right edge tiles (no left edges, though). This means that for it to look right, it needs to start "drawing" the tiles from right to left. Is it possible to have a pattern like this? You'll see what I mean in the image of the stage.

I also used Cut Man's level for the above-ground sections, but this was more as an attempt to see how it would look as an overworld skin. For the mushrooms I used Bomb Man's platform graphics. I also changed the coins into the obvious Mega Man currency. :)

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I like it. I love how you went with Guts Man's stage as a cave interior since I guess the original stage is implied to be a mining camp of some sort.

3. Ravior

Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

Here's a little preview of what world 8-4 would look like using MM6's Wily castle sprites.

[​IMG]

4. wheelchairchiefthe2ned

wheelchairchiefthe2ned Level 1: Goomba

I think, for the underwater stages Dive man, would be better then bubble man for the underwater stages.

5. sbq92

I tried it once, and given the complexity of the graphics vs. the simplicity of Ryuza's Auto-Tiler, it didn't look very good. Given Jay's plans for skinning, however, it looks like some complexity is going to be allowed, and it also appears to be entirely customizable anyway, which means you can make your own Dive Man theme. :)

6. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Looks pretty cool :)

7. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Sooooo...
    [​IMG]
    Mega Man Xtreme sprites.
    Pretty self explanatory, except for a few notes:
    -It's disorganized. Sorry about that.
    -There is one hurt sprite and one that appears to be blocking; I do not know if SMBC uses both of MM's hurt sprites, but if it does then the blocking one would be his "Ground" hurt and the other his "mid air" hurt
    -The bottom row is his beaming out of a level sprites, for the character select screen. Since in and out are different animations in Xtreme, the out ones seemed more appropriate. I recall MM's beaming animation having four frames (3 transitional and 1 as a beam), but if it only has 3 then then white silhouette would be discarded.
    The far right, middle row is the sprites for when he is sliding down a wall; since the climbing sprites only appear when he is sliding down a flagpole, this seemed more appropriate.
    -Used the Dash sprite for the Slide. He crouches when dashing, so I doubt there would be a graphical problem there.

8. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

May I make suggestion? Use X Ultimate Armour's sprites for Fire Flower.

9. uglyrodent

Thank you, kind sir. It shall be edited presently.

10. sbq92

I don't think there are two "hurt" sprites, unless Jay has included a second one. This appears to be the only game that has two different hurt sprites, though. I think the one where he's not blocking is the sprite for when he dies, actually. The blocking sprite is the main one used for when he gets hurt.

Mega Man's beaming is three sprites: the beam and two transitional. In this case, I would include the silhouette and not the transitional standing/silhouette sprite. I just tested it in Rockman 7 FC and it looks good that way.

I think using the sliding sprite on the flagpole would be awesome, but unfortunately it would interfere with climbing vines. Mega Man Extreme should have some normal climbing sprites, though.

I've used dashing sprites for RM7FC and they work out very well. There definitely won't be a graphical problem.

The MMExtreme sprites should probably be recolored to match NES style graphics, though. I'm sure someone else has done that, but I would be willing to take a stab at it as well.

11. uglyrodent

No, Mega Man 1-6 had two hurt sprites; I just don't know if both are in SMBC. You were right about the blocking/non-blocking, but I still think it would work, myself.
    Yeah, but one of the frames repeats. In other words:
    -Frame 1
    -Frame 2
    -Frame 1
    -Beam
    Megaderp, I forgot about the vines. Thanks
    Yay.
    I am entirely capable of that on my own >_>
    But not to worry; as soon as I put in the correct climbing sprites I will be uploading the new version which uses only the palettes in Xtreme.
    EDIT:
    This is the new version.
    [​IMG]

12. sbq92

I just checked a NES sheet and there are indeed two sprites that look like Mega Man getting hurt. However, I'm pretty sure the second one is from Mega Man being stunned, such as when Guts Man jumps and lands and shakes the ground. I don't think it's actually a sprite of Mega Man getting hurt.

Using the sprites you've setup could be problematic, then, since four different frames is not the same as four different sprites. The warping only has three distinct sprites. Beaming out would look like:

-Silhouette
    -"Blob"
    -Silhouette
    -Beam

The second silhouette is a little odd. It would be better if there was a second but different "blob" sprite.

13. uglyrodent

Ooooooooooh, that's right.
    Hmm...another excellent point. I don't want to tell Jay how to make his game, especially if it's just on my account, but this problem could be averted by storing Frame 1 twice separately.
    Otherwise, and this is the more likely route, we could combine frames from his exit beam and his entrance beam and probably find a workable solution.

14. Firas Hussein Diab

Firas Hussein Diab Level 1: Goomba

What happened. why did everyone stop posting stuff here? did they work?!! it was great up untill now

15. Sniperassassinx

Sniperassassinx Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Alternate character skins for megaman:
    AVGN
    Megaman X

16. wbarrett

wbarrett Level 0: Newbie

A quick attempt at Mega Man EXE from the battle network games [​IMG]

aliceandsven and World 1-1 like this.
  17. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Good idea. The sprites looks pretty cool.

18. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

OH MY GOD it's Mega MAn from Battle Network (from far my favorite one) !! Why not making the mask higher ?

19. wbarrett

wbarrett Level 0: Newbie

It wasn't very hard to make. I'm sure with the idea out there someone will make another even better one. i did do a quick edit though, i noticed i messed up with one of the stripes on the wrong leg.[​IMG]

20. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Yeah that's awesome to see! :D I'd like to see this skin in the game later. :)