Official Mega Man Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by sbq92, Feb 8, 2011.

1. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

[​IMG]
    I'm using this gif every time a thread's derailed.

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Can't see it.

3. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Me neither.

4. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Me neither. For some reason though, it works in the post box and in a quote I made in the off-topic thread where this should be being discussed right now.

Scorpion42 and DarkBowser007 like this.
  5. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

Ink\'D Man.png
    Changed some stuff to be more accurate with MM9.

6. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Okay, why in the heck is rush ink'd?
    That never happened, not even in MM9.

Mitewing likes this.
  7. CowboyJoseph64

AGAIN, he's just doing it for FUN, and if it makes it, well GOOD. Y'know what pal, whatever, you can judge him by that standpoint. But I'm just going to judge by how well-done this actually is. Let's see...

[​IMG]

if rush is going to be ink'd, why isn't his face covered like megaman?

8. Starz Lol

Apparently, the MM face palette is only partially used on MM whatsoever (his flesh shares the suit palette and only Mega Man's eyes and pupils are rendered with the face palette).

In a nutshell, I did it just to be more relevant with MM9

YES IT DID.
    Try getting hit by the ink bubbles in MM9 with Rush Coil on.
    Then summon Rush.
    (Sorry for double post, BTW. :p)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  9. Squaff

Squaff Level 5: Spiny

If you're sorry about double posting, why didn't you just edit your first post? This ink crap is beyond stupid. I wasn't too fond of the "shadow" characters either.

DarkBowser007 likes this.
  10. Starz Lol

11. Squaff

Squaff Level 5: Spiny

I read that part and thought it wasn't worth mentioning, but since you feel it justifies a stupid recolor, let us delve into what you're suggesting.

Here is two ways for a mechanic like that to work, and both require more programming than a skin should.

First way: on impact with a blooper, megaman's animations swap with this "ink'd" animation until the effect wears off. Great, now every skin of megaman will need an ink'd version.

Second way: This is dealt with in the programming. Megaman comes in contact with a blooper and his pallette is just swapped with a new one. This second option is the more likely, and it doesn't require your skin to make it work.

This ink'd crap makes more sense as a suggestion, and barely that, since megaman doesn't get a life bar in this game. Whenever he's hit, he already goes through a transformation.

Edit: Well, look at what I found guys? Ink\'D Man.png
    Someone, possibly little elves from the north pole, went and finished this amazing skin! They even fixed up the color palette a bit by combing the grays and blacks. Wasn't that nice of them? It's like a Christmas miracle... and it's not even December yet!

This... this charitable act has made me change my mind about shadow characters. Obviously, if someone can pour their heart and soul into making this happen, then then... well, let's just have Rocky Balboa finish this!

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Recolors are still dumb. You're 11 years old, not brain dead. If you can afford to get on daddy's computer, then you have lots of assets at your fingertips to improve yourself with. Try it out. do something simple. My first sprite sheet on here was the wise old man. An establish character with sprites already made. I just gave him walking and attacking, and picking up sprites (as I remember anyways). Starts simple and work your way up. Keep making these shitty recolors and nobody worth their shadow's weight will respect you.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  12. Starz Lol

Jet and Marine were absent in MM9.
    Eddie and Dr. Light didn't get inked. (One, they didn't have the same palette, and two, they didn't appear in Splash Woman's stage.

13. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

You do realize that you have COMPLETELY missed the point of his post, right?

14. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

That's actually really fuckin' cool looking. o.o

Scorpion42 likes this.
  15. Mitewing

Hoping to see some more Robot Masters instead recolors of existing skins.

Meg and Squaff like this.
  16. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

I kinda want to see that Beast Out Falzar skin. Perhaps a Beast Out Gregar skin to replace Power Suit Mega Man, too.

17. Mitewing

I noticed that some posts in the past has broken images. Is there any way to retrieve them or for people to repost them?

18. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

Since we're never getting Sonic characters, has anyone created a "Roboticised Masters" skins from the Mega Man and Sonic crossover, cus that'd be pretty cool.

Mitewing likes this.
  19. CowboyJoseph64

Roboticised Masters? Weren't the masters, you know, already robots? How the hell did they get roboticised in the comics?

The only thing I see changing if eggman attempted this is that they'd worship eggman, but even then, I feel like that's a bit of a stretch there. :/

Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Faruga likes this.
  20. Mitewing

They're Sonic characters with robot shells being controlled by Eggman and Wily. They included Tails Man, Rose Woman, Shadow Man (heh), Knuckles Man and a few others.

Faruga likes this.