Official Mega Man Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by sbq92, Feb 8, 2011.

1. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Wip...

I used Quint as a template because the 8 bit template wasn't working out too good and 16 would have been more complicated for me being too many colors. Who is this character y'all can guess till I'm done if no one knows by then I'll say. Also if anyone recognizes her the reason I chose a Mega Man skin as a template was because it works best for her abilities I think.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Obviously a Castlevania character. Other than that no clue.

3. mitsymckenzie777

I give it's Carrie Fernandez from Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness both on N64
    Carrie Fernandez.png
    OK I need suggestions on Magma Bazooka and death sprite
    So far the toad is Hienrich Meyer a man who got turned into a lizardman
    Peach is Charlie Vincent
    If your not familiar here is a a couple videos.

Her costume is the C64 not LoD version.

4. mitsymckenzie777

Double posting because I think it's ready to be in the Wiki unless anyone has final suggestions. Any? Edit I changed some minor stuff since the last.
    Carrie Fernandez.png

5. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Portrait. Portrait definitely needs some work.

6. mitsymckenzie777

A friend helped me with this
    Carrie Fernandez 2.png
    Another friend did this
    Carrie Fernandez.png

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    Mitewing likes this.
  7. Mitewing

@Beed28

I was looking at your Pharaoh Man skin and thought of a couple of ideas to update them. First of all, in Rockman Battle & Fighters, he has a shield that looks like an eye. This could be added to his jumping sprites, like for Proto Man. This would also open up a Battle & Fighters skin to be also created. Secondly, the Screw Crusher could be changed to the bone Skeleton Joes throw, just to make an additional weapon from MM4 available. Hope you like and consider my ideas. Thanks for your time.

8. Beed28

Beed28 Level 5: Spiny

I haven't played Rockman Battle & Fighters, but looking at the sprites, it looks like he only uses it while on the ground. Also, the weapons he uses are based off of the actual weapons from Mega Man 4, and the bone isn't a proper weapon you can get. I'm not sure what to replace it with...

Also, if Pharaoh Man ever makes it into the game, it would like it more if he didn't change colours like with Quick Man and Gemini Man.

9. Mitewing

I thought that since Pharaoh Man is one of the few Robot Masters to canonically have a shield, he'd be good to be based on Proto Man. He only has his shield out while jumping so I don't see a problem if Pharaoh Man did the same thing. I wasn't asking to change the weapons because I think they're perfect for being from MM4. The Skeleton Joe bones are from the same game so I thought the Screw Crusher could be replaced too. Also I'm okay with him not changing colors. I never mentioned anything about that anyway.

Even if you don't agree with my suggestions, 16 bit and RMB&F skins are things I'd like to see, not just Pharaoh Man, but all MM & Bass skins.

10. Mitewing

Also I just realized in MM Soccer, there are 16bit poses for the characters that are the proper size. SNES Pharaoh Man can be based on this version.

http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/Classic/Soccer/Players/Bosses/

11. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Or he could be a sane person and shade it like everyone else.

MM Soccer sprites are not fit for a platformer.

12. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

He's probably talking about the top sprites that look like Mega Man style but 16-bit, I once tried to make a Mega Man skin out of the Mega Man ones.

Mitewing likes this.
  13. Mitewing

You're exactly right. I'm referring to the top sprites that are approximately the same size and style to the main game series. Any "SANE" person would know the main MMS sprites are way too big.

Dimpsy and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Actually I don't think it's the problem that they're too big, they just wouldn't work.

15. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Welcome to the thread for Mega Man skins.

Good question, I'd say.
    Rokko Chan is an independent free flash game that clearly reflects the classic Rock Man charms. It is greatly executed both in design and engine (if that makes any sense) IMO. Such a polished game with Mega Man appeal in design deserves some love from SMBC IMO.
    What do you think @sbq92 ?

sbq92 and Faruga like this.
  16. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Rey D is pretty much correct. The game Rokko Chan is not actually a fan game, but rather it is its own game with its own character, albeit one that pays homage to an existing game franchise. We generally avoided adding unique characters from actual fan games (e.g., if someone made their own Mega Man game and made a new boss, Toxic Man, he would likely not be up for consideration), but Rokko Chan is a game in its own right, and the fact that the character Rokko Chan plays a lot like Mega Man made her an excellent choice for a Mega Man skin. For all intents and purposes, Rokko Chan falls into the same category as The Krion Conquest/Magical Kids Doropie.

imgdat and Mitewing like this.
  17. Mitewing

Did the creator of Rokko Chan say anything after Rokko Chan was added?

18. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

It doesn't seem so. I can't even find the emails from King Soukutu related to SMBC anymore, so I can't 100% confirm.

Mitewing likes this.
  19. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

I didn't think it was worth coming to the megaman skins thread to say it, personally. I was well aware of the thread's existence for a long time. That may not be what you meant, but, still

20. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I don't recall hearing anything.

Mitewing likes this.