Official Mega Man Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by sbq92, Feb 8, 2011.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I've got a pretty cool Mega Man skin to upload. I'm just waiting on permission from the author of the sprites. He has permitted me to use them in the past for a Rockman 7 FC mod I was making, so I assume he'll permit this as well. It's basically just a graphical mod. It's still Mega Man, he just looks a bit different. Stay tuned! :D

EDIT: Permission granted! Here it is!
    [​IMG]

It should work well. I think it just needs the arms adjusted.

The graphics were made by Availation on DeviantArt. Is it possible to have the skin called "Availation Mega Man" or something to that effect? As long as he's credited, everything will be okay. :) I should also point out that a couple of things were my own innovation, namely the Super Arm and Metal Blade weapon icons. Everything else seems to be from the original sheet or belonging to Availation.

Also, other good news: he has made a Protoman and a Bass sheet as well, so I may make those as well! :awesome:

Rey D likes this.
  2. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

Hey, first time long time.

I didn't see a 16-bit Mega Man skin in the trailer, so I figured I'd throw something together out of Wily Wars sprites. Consider this version 0.1, since I haven't reskinned the Mega Buster or Pharaoh Shot:

[​IMG]

Frozsoul and Rey D like this.
  3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I really like the Roll sprites. I always thought her 8- and 16-bit sprites were pretty ugly, so it's nice to see some that actually look good.
    EDIT: Also, I'm generally in favor of Wily Wars sprites, but I do kind of like the wider mouth from the original version.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. sbq92

My new Bass sheet (someone had to do it :p):
    [​IMG]

Faruga, Rey D, SketchMan3 and 2 others like this.
  5. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

^ Dude that's awesome. I never would have thought to do that.

6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

So what's up with those 8 squares (7 of which are filled) directly below Mega Man (and Bass's) portrait? What are those sprites for?

EDIT: Also confused on the four frames to the left of the Pharoah Shot sprites (the effect, not the icon).

7. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Okay, I'm making a skin of my main OC for Megaman.

sergiosmbc.png

Don't mind the Rush recolor.

10-2-2012: Finished the portrait.

8. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Check it.
    (Btw the wolf's name is Alpha)
    Omegaskin.png

sbq92 likes this.
  9. Ravior

Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

I plan on doing a Rokko Chan reskin of Bass. Not only because of the dash, but because it would be pretty cool to see Rokko Chan able to berserk everything.

sbq92 likes this.
  10. sbq92

The eight squares are the "hurt" sprites that appear above Mega Man's head, and they are also used as a cloud of dust when Mega Man slides. The other four frames look like they're the enemy death burst graphics.

EDIT: You know, there will probably end up being skins of Mega Man, Protoman, and Bass for both Mega Man and Bass. That's actually somewhat humorous. :p

uglyrodent likes this.
  11. Protoman22

Protoman22 Level 2: Koopa

I'm loving the looks of these, I especially love the Cutman level skin and the Ken Masters style Megaman

12. Ravior

Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

Changed my mind, here's what I'm thinking my sprites are going to look like:

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

13. sbq92

I've got another one. Be warned, though. Rush may give you nightmares...
    [​IMG]

Frozsoul and uglyrodent like this.
  14. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Dead-simple art terrifies me the most, but that's not really that scary. In fact, you could do a better job of making the dog look skeletal.

As for me...fuck, I've been far too slow. Rokko-Chan's already being made (For BOTH characters); someone already claimed Roll; Proto Man's an "official skin;" hell, someone even took Francesca. I'm sorry, but I just plain don't know who I could do!

15. sbq92

I considered it (and even tried a little), but given the minimal amount of pixels to work with, I decided to just leave it as is rather than risk messing it up.

You could always attempt Rock without the suit, just the t-shirt and shorts. :)

16. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

I would definately play that skin!

17. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I LOVE this. you can't forget to add his hair though! And I feel like there must be something from the X series that you could replace rush coil/jet/marine with, but I won't complain. Just needs the hair for me to be happy. XD

18. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

So I am not sure have anyone thought of this but has anyone considered a Quint skin for Mega Man?
    I mean truly the only difference is different helmet and a bit different gloves but beside that it is perfectly like Mega Man. I think it would be relatively no problem to make it. I mean really, he is Mega Man after all and I think he would be great choice for a skin. So yeah it would be nice.

19. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Quint maybe but what about his main weapon???
    Zero like Bass is just too different to be a skin I think.
    Like in the Bass skins I have another Final Fantasy VI idea I know some would think it better for a Ryu skin but.
    Shadow and Interceptor just replace the Mega Buster sprites with shurikens and maybe charged up it could look like one of Ryu's Windmill shurikens. Main reason I say make him a Mega Man skin is Interceptor could replace Rush Coil.

20. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

It's on like the first or second page :p

Now that I look at that Zero skin again, I notice his hands are red; in X his hands were white/grey. Other than I really love those sprites.