Official Mega Man Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by sbq92, Feb 8, 2011.

1. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

The Jet could be replaced with a Cyber-elf, The marine could be replaced with a Ride Chaser modified for underwater use. The Coil could be replaced with Megaman X on one knee with his hands cupped to give him a boost. Lol

If you go back through this thread, you'll find someone already made a Quint Skin.

sbq92 and uglyrodent like this.
  2. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Ok, Having taken a liking to the EXE Sprites I've seen in here, I took the set that I liked the best (the third ones posted), I added the mask from the first ones posted, I made some custom Rush sprites, and put them all into a sprite sheet. What do you think?

[​IMG]

Credit goes to wbarrett and Anter for the EXE skins/inspiration
    Rush sprites were all me :D

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

The mugshot should have a mask too, but this is pretty awesome.

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Alright I remade something (something better) for Roll's portrait. It's not done yet, but that's still something and I'm stopping working on it for now, so...
    roll_megamanskin_portrait.png (background is white because it makes things easier when spriting, for me)

5. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I don't know if saying Jay's or Zach's name actually summons them, but I'll try it. :p

Zach, would it be too much to ask to have the energy bar in the skin sheet moved up just a couple of pixels? There is a lot of room above it, but most of the fancy energy bars in the Mega Man series actually have a larger bottom section. Even just a couple of pixels could make quite a difference in the ability to make fancier energy bars. :)

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  6. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Great, I'll edit the OM trial folder for the mugshot.

7. Rey D

Patron

Tried to do something.
    Megamanskin_MM-EXE.png
    Edited portrait to make a mask.
    Edited mask on sprites.
    Edited Rockbuster.
    Edited a few shots (basic and a bit charged shots).

Frozsoul and uglyrodent like this.
  8. Ravior

Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

This is what the sprite looks like with the border:

[​IMG]

EDIT: The image looks a little small.

9. silentshadowxp

While we're at it...
    [​IMG]

Edited Hard Knuckle.
    Edited stray white pixel above Rush's head in the first sprite.

Rey D likes this.
  10. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Mega Man Shadow Skin.png
    It's not perfect but this is an example of what I meant about Shadow from Final Fantasy VI.

狂人さん and uglyrodent like this.
  11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Haha, I was gonna get started on a Shadow skin for Ryu later XD

12. megaman fan13

megaman fan13 Level 3: Paratroopa

Can any one translate this?
    Shockman (search for megaman boss ideas)

13. silentshadowxp

He basically looks like Elec Man, one of the robot masters I was already considering skinning.

14. sbq92

I posted this in the templates thread, then realized it should be here instead.
    [​IMG]

It's not necessarily complete, more of just an idea of how Kirby might look as a Mega Man skin.

狂人さん likes this.
  15. Faruga

Patron

Nice, but it needs to have a bit of an arm change. I'll have a look at that...
    EDIT: Thanks to Drshnaps from tSR, I managed to make this (with a few customs):
    Kirby.png
    The Rush replacement is a Kirby clone that turns into an empty shell for the Marine (it eventually gets colour). Still incomplete. The fist shows the Knuckle colours, the flames show the pink bits of the MM6 weapon (the black is the brown in the portrait), the Metal Blade is a smaller Cutter, the Atomic Fire is the Fire power, and the Water Shield uses the beam bits (still needs a portrait).

TheomanZero and sbq92 like this.
  16. Rey D

Patron

Right on time, I was about to post the portrait I made. :D
    megamanskin_kirby.png

The portrait's not totally done, but it's still something, so... :p

17. Faruga

Patron

It's great! :D

18. sbq92

Good adjustments! I always leave the hand stuff to Zach, though, since it's hard to tell exactly where they should go, and leaving the full image on the sheet lets Zach see where the hands fit on the sprites.

19. Faruga

Patron

Yeah, I get the point...

20. sbq92

Separating the arms from the bodies is a great idea for saving space, but it does limit the skinning to characters that actually have a separate arm, and it does complicate matters for people who are doing the skinning (without being able to test it out, it's difficult to tell exactly where the arms go, especially on characters that aren't simply a re-color or minor modification to Mega Man). Characters that hold their arm when they shoot, for example, would be a lot more complicated to implement (if it's even possible to implement them properly at all). While it would definitely add several sprites to the sheets (about twelve, if I'm counting correctly), I think the whole sprites should be added in full. However, if Jay and Zach have a way of adjusting even complex character sprites to work properly, then that would be great. :)