Official Mega Man Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by sbq92, Feb 8, 2011.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Try this:
    -Draw the full sprite
    -Copy where the separated part of the arm would go (cut off is about the shoulder)
    -Delete it (alternately combine the last two and just Cut)
    -Paste it into where it would be appropriate (straight arm shooting goes in straight arm shooting box, etc.)

It's a bit of work, but it would let you do the separated arms pretty effectively.

sbq92 likes this.
  2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Yeah it works for most sprites. Hardest are running sprites.

3. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Alright, I realized I'm probably worried too much about these arm things (thanks, UR :p), so I gave it a go on my Availation sheet:
    [​IMG]

I still left the arms in, though, so Zach will know where things are supposed to fit. :)

I'm still not so sure about custom sprites that have very different shooting poses. I suppose we can just not use them, but in some cases such sprites could be awesome.

BTW, I had planned on making a Protoman and a Bass sheet with this Availation style, but it turns out Bass's sprites are too large, so unfortunately that won't be happening. I will probably still attempt Protoman, though. He should be about the same size as Mega Man, as he doesn't have huge fins coming out the top of his head.

4. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

OK, so I've just about finished the Wily Wars Mega Man skin:

[​IMG]

I did custom graphics for the Mega Buster, Pharaoh Shot, and Charge Kick, since WW only goes up to MM3. What do you think?

Only things I didn't skin are the weapon icons (though I did put a nice border around them based on the Wily Tower weapons menu) and the little blue ball thing (mostly because I don't know what it's supposed to be).

5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I believe that's the Water Shield. Really nice skin -- I'd like to see it and the reshaded 8-bit sprites side by side.

6. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

You know, I didn't even realize there was a reshaded 8-bit skin. I just watched the trailer again, and you're right. Hm.

Ah well, this would still be a neat option to have.

7. Sniperassassinx

Sniperassassinx Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

[​IMG]
    the name for this skin is brock, the robot animal(rush) is named radio, and the portait image is blacked out
    this is my first time doing a skin, i didnt do much skinning on some of the weapons, 'cause that would take too much time, so i only did a few.

8. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Omegaman Skin Epic Edition.png
    I MADE A NEW SHEET.
    This.
    Is
    AWESOME.
    *Charge Kick sound, and you look around and bass is falling into the lava under bowser's battle bridge*
    And another skin I've been working on,,
    Megaman X In Smbc.png

9. sbq92

Yes. Yes I did. :awesome:
    [​IMG]
    I'd like to suggest the two colors that change are his shoes (dark color) and his lab coat (light color). I've intentionally made his lab coat a different shade of light grey than anything else on the sheet so that it can be changed without affecting anything else.

FCx, Keke, Rey D and 6 others like this.
  10. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

Haha, that's awesome. I'd think he'd fly around in his flying saucer, and bounce on a springy robot, but that's cool. Flying saucer probably wouldn't fit anyway.

sbq92 likes this.
  11. sbq92

The saucer would be amazing, but yeah, there isn't exactly room for it. A springy robot is a good idea, though. Maybe I'll make that change: a springy robot for bouncing, some sort of flying platform for the jet, and perhaps I can modify the underwater vehicle to at least resemble his saucer. :)

Edit: Changes made!
    [​IMG]

12. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

Cool. I like that. Now it's Wily all the way.

The slide sprite is hilarious. This really needs to go in.

TheomanZero and sbq92 like this.
  13. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Firstly, I'll change the Alpha stuff to Wolfy stuff, and secondly, I guess you'll never use GIMP. I'll make something where the entire background is pink. It's easier for you, it's easier for me, how about that?
    Do you have any idea how awesome that is?

14. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Especially with Charge Kick! It'd be a power headbutt!

Faruga and sbq92 like this.
  15. sbq92

Haha! I hadn't considered how it would interact with Charge Kick. That is actually amazing! :awesome:

Faruga likes this.
  16. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

This is exactly the kind of stuff we were hoping people would do. It's awesome! Zach is already editing it so we can see how it looks in the game. I'm not promising anything... we're just testing it.

We were thinking maybe Dr. Wily as a skin for Bass and Dr. Light as a skin for Mega Man. Nice job.

sbq92, Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  17. sbq92

Thanks! :D

I looking into Dr. Light and I discovered there are a lot less sprites for him. So, while he is possible, it will require quite a bit of custom sprite making.

18. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, I was thinking of making the Dr Light one eventually just to complete the set. :D

He looked awesome when we tested him in-game, very nice job.

The only thing that needed to be changed was that one of his hands for his second walking sprite wasn't in the box down at the corner. Also, I think I might change the purple to match Bass' purple, that way the colors match the game better. :)

sbq92 likes this.
  19. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I know it won't fit on the sheet, but maybe somehow Jay can add a submarine scope thingy onto Wily's saucer since it's marine?

20. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

GUESS WAT BRO?
    NEW FINISHED SKIN BY ME.
    AND IT'S AN OFFICIAL CHARACTER.
    RYUZA SAYS IT MIGHT MAKE IT IN.
    [​IMG]

sbq92, Rey D and Paul Vincent Larcena like this.