Implemented Mega Man: Start with rush coil

Discussion in 'Features' started by TheomanZero, Feb 11, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

He started with it in all games that had it, and Link starts with his Boomerang, so why not? Rush Coil was an integral part of his gameplay in previous versions, and it should stay that way. (Plus it would mean bringing back the "Mega Man High Jump" cheat.)

2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Nope.

3. TheomanZero

You're right, I forgot you could run out of energy for it.

4. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

Honestly, the Rush coil doesn't seem to serve any purpose whatsoever now that Mega Man can jump higher.

Frankly, the fact that he jumped lower than everyone else and needed the rush coil to make high jumps is something that helped set him apart from the other characters. This is one case where I think I'd like to see it going back to the way it was in the previous version.

Of course, this would mean giving the rush coil infinite ammo, which I don't think anybody should have a problem with.

For that matter... I imagine he should probably start with the Rush Marine, too. It's usefulness is way too situational (hmm... sort of like the game it came from) to be something you'd actually want to get in just about any situation. Plus, it *wouldn't* have infinite ammo.

5. TheomanZero

Actually, I've kind of grown to like his higher jump, as it makes him more distinct from Bass. But I still think he should start with Rush Coil (and maybe Rush Marine, too).

uglyrodent likes this.
  6. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Rush Coil is useful in some cases. It's never necessary, but it's useful. I've already said my piece several times on this matter, so I'm not going to get into it again. Basically, I agree that he should start with Rush. :)

I will say, though, that everything should stay as it is, with the high jump and ammo for Rush. I don't think Jay would even be willing to go back to the way 1.2 was anyway. So, I think he should start with it, but I don't think he should lose his high jump nor should Rush have infinite ammo.

Mitewing and TheomanZero like this.
  7. TheomanZero

I'd like to make a minor correction to myself -- the Game Boy games contained the Rush Coil, but you did not start with it. However, Mega Man does start with the Rush Coil in Mega Man 3, 4, 7, 9, & 10 (and with the Neo Rush Coil in Mega Man 5), so I still think he should start with it in SMBC.

Mitewing likes this.