Request Megaman/Bass: Enemies's weekness

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mr.Giang, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Mr.Giang

Mr.Giang Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

In SMBC, some Megaman/Bass weapons are not as useful as the other weapon. Like if we have Metal Blade, why the hell would we use Flame Blast? So for balancing the power of weapon, I suggest the weeknesses and resistances system and that does exist in any Megaman game. Like in Megaman 2, a Scworm (check in Megaman Wiki) take 8 hit from Quick Boomerang but only take 1 hit from Metal Blade. Or an example with resistances system, like Metal Blade can't destroy Joe Sniper's Ride Armor (Megaman 2). This system may make every weapon is useful and bring more Megaman game's atmosphere

sbq92 likes this.
  2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I would like to point out that Flame Blast is actually incredibly useful and deals more damage than Metal Blade, but I know that's not your point, I just love Flame Blast. :p

I do think it would be neat to make certain enemies strong or weak against certain weapons, especially if more weapons are ever added. A concern, however, is that the limited number of enemies in the game would make this a bit less useful. The Mega Man games have tons of different enemies, whereas SMB has only about 9 or 10 different enemies, two of which are already immune to most weapons.

I think it could work, but I'm not sure if it would really be as useful as it seems like it would be. Interesting idea, though. :)

ThomasMink likes this.
  3. Nitron_ZX

Nitron_ZX Level 5: Spiny

this is true, it would help in some aspects. like making me actually USE some weapons like, as you said, flame blast.

though it is somewhat already in place. I.E. spike tops are vulnerable to hard knuckle. if the system could expand to other enemies as well, it could be neat.

on the other hand, like sbq said, with the sparse amount of enemy types in the first place it could make the player even more overpowered with the right setup and luck in weapon acquiring.

4. Mr.Giang

Mr.Giang Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Yeah, but I think the resistance system has to be in this game because for some reason, I always feel weird when a Blooper or a Cheep Cheep takes damage from Water Shield although they are living in water. Pretty weird.

5. sbq92

I do agree that such a system would be nice. I'm just saying it would be quite limited because there are only so many different enemies.

As a side note, enjoy some evidence of Flame Blast's usefulness. :p

ThomasMink likes this.
  6. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Water Shield should 1hit KO water bloopers and CheapCheaps, I think. It makes logical sense to use Water Shield on the bridge levels but it doesn't do shit to protect you like you think it would.

TheomanZero and ThomasMink like this.
  7. Nitron_ZX

exactly. or at LEAST the cheep cheeps.
    I find myself pulling for the shield in the bridge levels automatically, and making a break for it.
    it would make it that much more useful. though as of now, the bubbles are so close together that it'll usually hit an enemy multiple times. but for the nature of the shield, that's not too good, because it eats up weapon energy (and time, really) reloading the shield.

if it could take care of those buggers in one hit it would vastly improve the weapon, even if only for those stages.

8. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Flame Blast is friggin awesome if you can get the angle of the arc down.. ..but yea, I rarely use Water Shield or Super Arm.

As for bridge levels.. honestly, I took out Water Shield the first few times I played those stages because it made logical sense. Learned pretty quick that a charged Pharaoh Shot hovering overhead is far more reliable, despite losing protection from underneath. Probably strange that I find myself wishing for Skull Barrier on those stages (so long as it could 1-hit the cheep cheeps, it would still remain active.. ..probably overpowered for the stage, but hey.. :) ).

sbq92 likes this.
  9. sbq92

Skull Barrier (and Star Crash and Plant Barrier) disappears upon contact with anything. Leaf Shield doesn't disappear, but it shoots off when you run.

Water Shield is actually one of the better shield weapons, but in SMBC it's just too weak to be worthwhile. If it could one-shot something (it one-shots several different enemies in MM10), and if it could cancel projectiles, then it would have some uses.

TheomanZero likes this.
  10. Nitron_ZX

^that.

but it shouldn't cancel out fire, like say, bowser's fire. so you can't just activate it and walk up to him and lololol him to death :p

though I still can't aim it, lol. couldn't in MM10, can't here XD

11. sbq92

Actually, considering there are only two projectiles in the game, I think it would need to be able to cancel out Bowser's flames. Considering the bubbles would just hit Bowser if you're close to him anyway, they won't be around you long enough to be a shield against the flames, and if you're standing back and using it as protection against the flames, then you won't be able to use it very well as a weapon against Bowser. It would be most useful when approaching Bowser, when there are random flames flying about.

Mr.Giang likes this.
  12. Nitron_ZX

but that's what I mean - they'd hit him. they 're not very strong but that's still 8 hits per use, right?
    then again, that's only if it completely cancels out, rather than take a bubble or two away. still be kinda powerful though.

edit:also I just noticed the thread's title is "enemies's weekness."

13. sbq92

Oh, by "cancel out" I definitely mean it takes a bubble away. It's hitting and destroying the projectiles at the cost of bubbles. It's how it works in MM10.

TheomanZero likes this.
  14. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

I admit to not believing you, so I had to check that myself.. but you're right. Guess my memory is getting faulty.
    Couldda sworn I remembered running across those weird, red, rising block things in Dust Man's stage and not having to worry about those ladybug copters. Guess I had to reactivate it after each hit.

Still, it's a shield I'd prefer if only just for the bridge stages. Or slight tweaks to the current shield.. that would work too..

15. Nitron_ZX

ah. that would be better, for balancing reasons.

geez, I haven't played MM10 in awhile though. need to get back on those hi-score tables :3

sbq92 likes this.
  16. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

You mean you were in the top 30?! Which console?

17. Nitron_ZX

I was on the top 30 for punk's stage, on the wii. i was just under Qzecwx, but I got booted off a bit back. oh gosh the spaz attack I had when i earned that place~

sbq92 likes this.
  18. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I never saw you. :eek: I've got the Wii version too.

19. Nitron_ZX

ahh. it was quite a bit ago, though i'm pretty sure qzecwx is still up there.
    just on punk's stage though.
    100905_022752.jpg
    Knew I had a picture somewhere :3

sbq92 and Faruga like this.
  20. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

So how about that whole weakness thing?