Megaman Suggestions

Discussion in 'Game' started by Duckerdoo, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duckerdoo

Duckerdoo Level 5: Spiny

I got some suggestions in regards to Megaman. First off, none of them are to remove Rush, and any who suggest to do so will be shot in the head.

Ledge Grab
    Be able to grab onto a ledge, and climb up. This will reduce the need for Rush, while keeping Rush the useful trampoline he is.

Long Jump
    If you jump, while dashing, you should perform a long jump. With this, you won't need Rush to cross a medium sized gap in the floor. Dashing into Rush will cause you to do an even longer long jump.

Dash Flipping
    If you dash into a koopa shell, or buzzy beetle shell (with enemies inside, and not out, and on the go) the shell will flip into the air, land upside down, and can then be destroyed with a stomp attack.

2. nicpen

nicpen Level 5: Spiny

In what Mega Man game, from 1 - 10, is he ever able to grab ledges or long-jump?

3. Ghost1942

Ghost1942 Level 2: Koopa

Yea im sorry but i believe that goes tooo far away from the megaman gameplay, at the moment megamans gameplay is captured beautifully.

4. Duckerdoo

Dunno. I haven't played 1 - 10. I only played X, and X3.

5. Duckerdoo

All right, then. Instead of ledge grabbing, and long jumping, have Megaman jump 1 or 2 blocks higher. I'm still gonna keep the flipping idea though.

6. TheYO

TheYO Level -1: Banned

This should be moved into Feature Requests.

7. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

You don't know what you're losing.

8. nicpen

nicpen Level 5: Spiny

Oh, that explains it. Well, now you know that the way Mega Man controls in this game is the way he controls in the NES Mega Man games. It doesn't need changing, as it is already the way it was meant to be.

9. Duckerdoo

I'll have to give these games a go.

10. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.

11. Darkseid

Darkseid Level 5: Spiny

Anyway to make Megaman not suck in this game?

Sorry to be that guy, but he's outclassed by every character in every catagory, his jump is weak, his projectile is weak and his speed is weak. Also, using Rush so often is a pain.

Any situation I would use him in can be done faster with another character and with greater ease, it's kind of a shame because I love Megaman. Be a doll and give him back his platform gun.

12. I think everyone here agree's with Kechup Ninja's constant row of no's see. usualy this would be considered spam as a message and deleted. but that's how strongly we all feel about the alteration of megmans jump being altered. as in it's perfect. and you should just learn how and when to use rush off of trial an error like all humans who played NES games before emulators and save states.

13. double post because megaman is perfect as far as his jump is concerned I'm a split second away from locking this if this becomes another thread about his jump or rush. I swear I am

14. jerry

jerry Level 6: Lakitu

So what if he's not powerful Dark, it's not a fighting game. I still play with him for fun.

15. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

OKAY THEN!
    Off to make a video showing how well Rush works into the gameplay.
    WOOSH!!!!

EDIT: Never mind, my computer is being a dick.

16. Ghost1942

Ghost1942 Level 2: Koopa

Megaman may feel bad at first, but practise with him a little bit in super easy to get use to the rush coild mechanics and afterwards he becomes a really fun character to play, he just has a different sort of flow to other characters.

17. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

If you ask me, it needs to be easier to get past the first jump in World 8-4. I've tried what J^2 once suggested, but it simply doesn't work for me. And yes, this should be moved to Feature Requests.

18. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

The problem of Rush is need to use him 2 times in 3 jumps. It never happens in his games.
    Yeah 'Dark', the jump and the speed is weak, but his projectile is strong, mainly when he is firepowered.
    The jump of version 1.0 was perfect, and Rush should be added with this 'old' jump, and using Rush gives a even-higher-jump, but not so much to not turn him overpowered.
    Now, he is the worst character in speed, even worst than Simon's walk.
    I would like to see Megaman's 6 Rush, his use in this game is very cool.

19. this became what I feared it might, kyoo is a dick.

20. I've never ever had a problem with that jump. not even once. just get a running start from the bottom step. it's not hard. i could do it every time without fail and have done it every time without fail. don't even bother with rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.