Request Megaman X

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Paul Vincent Larcena, Jan 17, 2012.

1. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

That's assuming we even get a level editor. We're only guaranteed the two new characters and Lost Levels at this point.

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

It's not assuming. Jay has flat out confirmed that by (or in) the final update, there will be a level editor. There's still a chance he may not, but it's pretty low.

3. silentshadowxp

I think what he's said recently more or less makes his previous statements null and void.
    *searches for Jay quote*

4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think X would be an excellent character for Super Mario Bros. 3 Crossover, if such a game existed. Super Mario Bros. 3 added slopes, 8-way scrolling, more varied and complex enemies . . . the same things Mega Man X added to the Mega Man franchise, but one console earlier.
    That said, X in Super Mario Bros. would be wasted. He'd basically just be a slightly tweaked version of Mega Man, and we already have one of those. His name is Bass.

5. SVR

SVR Level 2: Koopa

LOL at the last part, but still true. If we tried to modify X he WOULD be a tweaked version of Megaman.

I'd also like to add a side note, I only support X from 1, 2, or 3. Anything beyond that just dosent have that old school feel.

silentshadowxp likes this.
  6. silentshadowxp

Heck, I'd go as far as to say just 1, but that's more because I never owned the other two when I was young (though I did play them a couple years back).

Side note, they should have just left Zero dead. Sure he's a robot who could be rebuilt, but that just ruins his epic sacrifice at the end of the first game. Just saying. >.>;

7. SVR

Possibly. But onto the main point I too have the original Megaman X on the SNES cartrige, I even have a SNES.

I also agree on the satisfaction of just having the X1 weapons, NOTHING beats running with a flamethrower.
    Homing torpedos are a close second.

8. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

What about Storm Tornado? In the PSP version at least, it's super OP, and weapon energy drops are ridiculously frequent, so you never run out of ammo for it. :D

Regarding adding X, I don't think I can really add anything that hasn't already been said before. He would be interesting, and I'd probably use him, but I'd rather see more unique characters than another Mega Man.

9. silentshadowxp

Nothing is more overpowered than a charged Chameleon Sting XD

ThomasMink and sbq92 like this.
  10. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

If this happens I hope SMBC 3 would be 16-bit. X, Zero and Richter Belmont would be amazing choices for that game.

11. SVR

YES!

Side note, Giving the Contra character the ability to switch between two weapons would be perfect.

12. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

ok.... <_> maybe there might be more crossovers.

maybe we could also include the 16-bit mega man classic and bass (from mm7 and rockman-forte, respectively.)

13. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I had been thinking I found this thread first so I'll put this here.

But X and Zero could be added this way with one or the other as a skin.

Think X3 and X6 both X and Zero have variations of the X Buster and Z Saber.

14. wario46

wario46 Level 2: Koopa

X should also retain the power of 2x damage dash shooting.
    My version of powerups:
    Normal: Basically Megaman X1 starting armor. No walljumping. Damage is like Megaman's.
    Mushroom: X2 Megaman in the Second Armor. Walljumping, dash enabled.
    Special Upgrades:
    Weapons from Megaman X1-8, one from every game. Jay chooses.
    Armors(You can have one armor at a time. X can keeps them if gets hit.):

Blade Armor: Can dash also up and down. Dashing does very minor damage(25)and is double as far. FIres Plasma Shots, whch do more damage(25% more)and pierce armor. Can do a Giga Attack(1000 damage). Charged by 10% per 1 hit. Charged by 50% by dieing. Has a X-saber which does immense damage in front of X(500, pierces armor).

Hyper Chip Armor: Regenerates weapon energy over time(2 per 5 seconds). When gets hit, creates a 2 second barrier what auto-kills Goombas, Koopas, and Pirahna Plants. Hammer Bros are immune to it. Can charge shots to a additional level(main shot does 600 damage, other do 200), has a bonus weapon which enables him to fire maximutton)ally charged shots(4 bars per use). Can dash up and down.

Falcon Armor: Can fly for 5 seconds, while flying X is invincible. Has a Giga Attack, which fires plasma shots all over the screen(500 damage per 1 plasma shot). Has Spear Shots what penetrate Buzzy Beetles. Cannot charge Special Weapons.

Shadow Armor: Can walk on Pirahna Plants and Spike Tops without getting damaged. Can use a Giga Attack(1250 damage), which is a circle around X, approximately 10 block diameter. Shoots shurikens in a machine-gun type way. Shurikens are go slightly up, or down, or go normally forward. Charged shot is a Z-saber which does normal damage(110), but can hit multipile times. Can cling up to ceilings, when firing from the celilings shoots 3 shurikens, in a way like Bill's Spread Gun, but without the second and fourth shot counting from up. Cannot use special weapons.

Ultimate Armor: Yup. The Ultimate Armor is possible to get, when you use ALL other armors, and beat a Fake Bowser without dieing. The next ? block/brick block with a powerup will have it. Can hover for a much longer time than Falcon Armor. Can dash in midair. Plasma Shots from Blade Armor are enabled, but even more powerfull(50% more damage). Can use a Nova Strike at any time(down+jump button+shoot button). Uncharged Special Weapons do not consume energy.

Starman:
    Invincibility
    Infinite ammo
    Infinite dash in mid-air
    Infinite Giga Attacks
    Shots are automatticly charged(Ultimate Buster)

15. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Yikes. Way too much.

16. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

Why too much? I think the effort put into that post is admirable. Covering so much detail, I think it's a fantastic post supporting the request of Megaman X into the game.

17. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

And i thought Kirby would be hard to add...:p
    Joking apart, i think this is too much. It's a good coverage of everything it could have, but we'll have to choose some as i think adding everything would take a lot of work and time (so much i think one entire update would have to be dedicated to X if he gets added.)

18. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

Yeah, it would be cool I guess.
    I don't really support it though. Doesn't seem right to me to have playstation X armors in an 8-16 bit game.

19. wario46

wario46 Level 2: Koopa

Thanks!
    For the explanation why i put Playstation Megaman X games, I just wanted X to have a good amount of unique abilities, and the X4-6 had the best ones for this purpose.

20. Suppercut

Suppercut Level 1: Goomba

I, too, think X4-onwards stuff should not be included. Also, the idea of a 16-bit crossover game is interesting enough for an intermediate coder like me to want to go run and pull it off.

In the meantime, I guess I'd settle for skins, or maybe Zero as a character, I guess. Just use Xtreme sprites for the 8-bit skins.

And as for what weapons should make it in if X was here or in SMB3C:

No Mushroom: No armor, but has ground dash and wall jump.
    Mushroom: Visually, he gets the X1 armor. This grants him the ability to bash blocks with his head (X1 Helmet), charge all of his weapons and do the spreadshot (X1 Z-Buster, since I always hated the doubleshots from X2/3), air-dash (X2 feet...let's leave X3's weird up-dash out of this), and taking an extra hit before losing the mushroom (X1 chest...kudos to the guy before who had the idea. The chest piece could just shatter, and get restored when picking up a health item that could drop from enemies alongside ammo).

Weapons/Pickups:
    Subtank. Picking up one of these will enable a mushroom to spawn as if you have none. If you haven't lost your armor, it'll "fill the subtank" and provide an EXTRA hit on top of the armor. But, you have to find it in the first place, and not have armor damage. It would be kinda like SMB2.
    Horming Torpedo (KEEP THE TYPO). Just nerfed to only fire one at a time. Include charge shot.
    Shield Roller. Include charge shot, which can stay shielded versus goombas, but not against basically any other enemy (but still do damage).
    Spin Wheel
    Speed Burner
    Spinning Blade
    Tornado Fang

And another thing: Should Zero have a Copy Zero (MMZ) variant? (Less techniques but more weapons IE shield boomerang, Z-buster, and the various rods in the games)