Missile, Arrow, and Bomb Capacity

Discussion in 'Features' started by TheomanZero, Feb 17, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

In v2.0 Samus and Link could collect the Missile Launcher, the Bow, and the Bombs, and then collect the Missile Expansion, the Quiver, and the Bomb Bag to increase their capacities. In v2.02, these capacity-increasing items were eliminated. This was a good thing. Samus and Link have a ton of items to keep track of, and these items has the least impact on them.
    However, I do think that rather than being removed entirely, the expansions should have been combined into the weapons -- that is, the default capacities should be increased to the expanded capacities from v2.0. Since you only start with one pickup's worth of ammo and have to kill enemies to get more, I don't think increasing your initial capacity would be overpowered. A higher capacity means pickups don't become meaningless as fast.
    Ryu's scroll is fine, as he doesn't have very many items anyway.

Frozsoul likes this.
  2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I don't really know why those quiver/bomb bag and such was removed. Maybe there's a way it could be made so that until you acquire the bow or bombs, the quiver and bomb bag won't appear.

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

It was probably just because Link and Samus had too many items. But I'd still like the increased capacity.