Official Mod Drop Box

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by aliceandsven, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Hi.

Making this thread to give the community better leverage in doing their part to keep our forums spiffy, but in areas where they don't have the ability to change things directly.

If there's an issue or if you have a suggestion that requires a moderator's access, please just post it here. For example, if an old thread needs a title change to better fit the current state of the community or the community's practices; if you're not sure where a thread really belongs, or if you made a thread in the wrong place and want it to be moved; etc.

You can let us know through here and everyone can discuss what should be done, or whether or not it's really important. Having a centralized sort of "notice board" will make it easier for the mods to keep on top of the community's needs and suggestions.

And of course in case there are no mods online when you are, this will allow us to see your suggestion at our earliest convenience.

This thread is not for drama, such as "I think you should ban aliceandsven because she said my hat looked stupid." User related issues should not be brought up here. Serious issues that require immediate attention should still be reported and/or brought to any online mods right away. Ask your doctor if posting here is right for you.

Again, the community is free to discuss the importance or weight of issues and suggestions.

I'm typing this at 9pm so I'm a little tired; if something is not clear enough, ask questions.

Thanks to everyone for your diligence, may the thrust be with you!

EDIT: If you posted something here... consider it posted, and consider us aware of it. A mod will check it out at their earliest convenience. You don't need to further message them about it :)

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Alright I guess I might have been a little bit tiring calling you over and over... ^^"

Anyway, here's the deal: I think most of you know about that Narematto guy. And when he creates threads, the title threads are always in French! So in order not to confuse people, either members or guests, I thought about asking renaming the title of his threads.
    I mean that I post the translation to the name of the threads:

Richter dans super mario crossover. → Richter in Super Mario Crossover

Simon Belmont améliorations → Simon Belmont improvements

Simon Belmont casse des briques (imaginaires) → Simon Belmont breaks bricks (imaginary ones)
    About that last title, I thought about making it more like: Simon selecting animation bug

3. aliceandsven

Thanks this helps a lot. I will change them now and add prefixes.

EDIT: done

4. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I'd like to suggest combining the threads Map Skins and Theme Skins. You can't just make one and not the other, you aren't able to choose them separately in game, and they even need to be submitted together on the wiki. I suggest merging them and either calling it "Map & Theme Skins" or "Level Skins".

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  5. aliceandsven

I agree with you and will probably do this, unless anyone objects.

Hopefully merging them won't result in a mess of posts (but it probably will)

6. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

There is currently an issue with the Mario skins page on the wiki. The information displays fine on the page, but when I (and others) click to edit the page, this is what's seen in the editing box:

Code:
    ===Skins===

{| class="wikitable"
    |-
    ! Name
    ! Description
    ! Sheet
    ! Credits
    ! In Game
    |-</includeonly><noinclude>This template must be put at the top of character skin pages.</noinclude><includeonly>[[Category:SMBC Character Skin Pages]]</includeonly>

Previewing this will display only the chart headings, as would be expected. I find it a rather odd issue, but perhaps it's a simple fix. In any case, it does prevent Mario skins from being uploaded.

7. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

A bit of extra info, the edit button at the top of the page works fine but not the one next to the table.

8. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I thought I rigged it so that there wouldn't BE one. >.< Mario skins can still be put up.
    Damn, I feel bad I did that now.

silentshadowxp likes this.
  9. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I thought you should know, the Edit button is still there, though it still goes to the template info rather than the Mario skin chart info.

10. Faruga

Patron

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    EDIT: Damn that heading, it's been demoted to Size 4 text.

roman6a, sbq92 and silentshadowxp like this.
  11. repairmanman

repairmanman Level 5: Spiny

I'm not exactly sure if this is the correct place.
    Would a mod mind moving the level list post in the Community LP thread to the second post instead of being in the middle?

12. aliceandsven

For future reference, links to posts and such would be helpful :)

2nd post on the 5th page?

13. Metalhog

Metalhog Level 6: Lakitu

I'm thinking seriously to change my name to Metalhog :awesome: .

Is it possible to do this WITHOUT creating another user account?

Thanks!

Omicron likes this.
  14. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

People have asked before. It isn't.

In actuality, it was done once, but that was with a different software and it was for kyoo. And even then...he had to make a new account to get it to work...so no.

roman6a likes this.
  15. aliceandsven

Actually it is possible to change usernames on Xenforo without creating a new account, but Jay has to do it. You can try asking him if he'll do it for you.

16. Metalhog

FUZ NOW IS KNOWN AS "METALHOG"!

:awesome:

ketchupninja, roman6a, sbq92 and 3 others like this.
  17. Faruga

Patron

Oh man, how am I going to talk about you?

roman6a likes this.
  18. Metalhog

You mean.. The Wiki? You can make as we did with Fractor.

roman6a likes this.
  19. Faruga

Patron

Not exactly what I meant, but good idea. Have you done anything with the Wiki yet? If not, shall I (hope this works) move your account to your new name?
    EDIT: Hey, you've already got a new account with your new name.
    EDIT 2: And FuZ is a seperate one. How do we merge them?

roman6a likes this.
  20. aliceandsven

Hi guys, the challenge forum is here. I'm going to be moving challenge threads over there in a while, but if at some point afterwords you notice one I missed, let us know here!

roman6a and Faruga like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.