Official Mod Drop Box

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by aliceandsven, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uprising

Uprising Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Hey, I just got to 100 posts yet have not recieved Buzzy Beetle. You may want to look into this.

EDIT: Nevermind, it took about 10 minutes for the trophy to pop.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Yeah it's not INSTACHANGE, you know.
    Why were you so hurry to level-up anyway?

3. Uprising

Uprising Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Because Paratroopa felt kind of unpowerful and I wanted to be done with it for good. All is well now.

4. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

5. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Why should it be in Spam? Minecraft is a legitimate topic of discussion. Shouldn't it be in PC gaming?

Rey D likes this.
  6. Rey D

Patron

If you're trying to grind posts by posting your game playing logs, too bad for you.
    The threads are sepatated for a reason, and you should know it.

7. twinAgkistrodon

twinAgkistrodon Level 5: Spiny

'Cause UR is definitely the one person on the forums who has to grind posts. :p

uglyrodent likes this.
  8. uglyrodent

That was directed at ReNeX (I think), but I appreciate the sentiment.

BassWins and twinAgkistrodon like this.
  9. Rey D

Patron

Was directed at ReNeX, yeah, since he requested the 2 threads to be merged.

10. twinAgkistrodon

But he said in spam, so he's not trying to grind posts either. Or was it a joke?

11. Rey D

Patron

I skipped the part where he said he wanted them to go to spam.
    Waking-up-level attention.
    I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time.

12. Johnny

Johnny Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Can you guys do me a favor? This posted in the wrong forum and I know for a fact I posted it in the right forum. Must have been a glitch. But can you delete the thread: http://www.explodingrabbit.com/foru...y-made-what-would-you-pick.15437/#post-223799

Also there is a certain member who has been causing a good deal of problems. I'm getting sick of the backseat modding and snide attitude I get every time I see a thread or post from him. You guys talked about this being a pleasant environment but his behavior and condescending attitude makes it a hostile one. If I'm the only person complaining so be it but I have really had enough of it. I know he is a veteran and I don't know what he's contributed around here but I was around since the forum first opened and I've never treated anyone like this. Even if he's well liked and respected I don't particularly appreciate being treated like I'm subhuman, or my opinions, contributions and ideas being told are useless using a variety of ways of putting it and my words getting twisted around when I make statements and opinions.

13. uglyrodent

Who is it?

Is it me?

14. twinAgkistrodon

Well you have been in the SRS and (especially) the skins forum a lot.
    I know people in the skins forum are pretty harsh when it comes to critiques.
    I don't think it's me, because I've only been here a week, but I am pretty critical in the skins forum.
    And in the SRS forum, people all have different ideas of what's "Retro", so they all try to force their ideas on one another.
    I have some ideas of who it might be, but I'm not going to put words in your mouth.
    Unless I have already.
    I never really understood that phrase.

uglyrodent likes this.
  15. Johnny

No its not its someone else. For the record, I'm not saying all his posts are attacks but many are and I'm kinda getting tired of it. Some are helpful and insightful and I could see why he would be an asset to the forum. I do think he has a lot to offer the other members here. With that said some of his remarks can be taken as if he is talking down to someone. I mean I have some degree of respect for him, I just don't like being treated like I'm a discarded toenail on his foot. Its not cool. I figure I'll say it to his face in a thread he can see it in out of respect rather than bash him on the side to others so he knows at least one person has the balls to say it to him. He himself probably realizes he acts this way so he'll know I'm coming right out and saying it where he could see it rather than behind his back.

Hopefully, he'll see it as an issue we can solve because I felt like it does need to be addressed. Mostly why I'm saying this and not beating around the bush is to settle it rather than it become a huge crap fest where likely I'll wind up banned.

16. uglyrodent

I want to keep guessing, but I guess I'll wait and see how this develops.

I don't expect you to confirm or deny this, but for the record if it's Rey D I think I have an apology to make =_=

17. Rey D

Patron

The desciption kind of correspond, but he talked about threads the guy created or something so I don't think it's me.
    ..."Apology to make"?

18. uglyrodent

...I'll IM you about it.

19. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

If you need a moderator's assistance with an issue involving another member, please PM one of the mods.

If you're going to approach this person yourself, please also do this via PM, because the other person may not take kindly to being called out in public which will make the situation worse.

I'd like to remind everyone that proper criticism is a fine balance of honesty, and consideration. When you criticize someone here it's in order to help them, it should be constructive; if they leave that moment feeling dejected, then there is a problem. Antagonistic criticism does not help improve anything, and is detrimental to the overall collaborative environment, as you help create an atmosphere that may push people away.

Johnny, Rey D, BassWins and 1 other person like this.
  20. Johnny

Yeah that's why I simply stated what the problem was and my feelings without outright saying who it was. Really I'm only calling attention to this in hopes that the person as well as others see there are problems like these in the forum and to keep in mind that when you take the attitude like "Well I'm going to say what I want and treat people how I want to" without regard to their feelings and being anything but courteous and helpful you are no longer giving constructive criticism. You're just being an ass.

I know many people are young in this forum. I'm understanding of this. We even have members that are 10 and some who are 16 years old. This is far younger than I am. The odd part is some of the 10 - 13 year olds around here are even well mannered than some of the 20 year olds. In any case, with that I realize its completely unreasonable and irrational to tell a child not to act childish. Or even a college kid to act like an adult. That's just really ridiculous. While your young feel free to act young and have fun within reason. However, keep in mind I'm in my mid 30s and I really don't have the time or patience to go back and forth with someone who has the mentality of the "lololol fak j00" type disrespect or pious arrogance which makes me feel like someone thinks I'm lesser of a person than they are. Nor should anyone have to deal with this who doesn't want to. Just my two cents though. Anyways I guess there's nothing further for me to say on the matter.

Captain Knight and aliceandsven like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.