Official Mod Drop Box

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by aliceandsven, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I agree with everything Johnny said, aside from the fact that I haven't really seen anyone like that around here.

But every point made was excellent.

Rey D likes this.
  2. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Oh, man, it's time for CF to be all hubris-like. Well, here goes!

Assuming that the individual-forum Moderators still exist like they did way back when (And that's a big if, considering how often I'm here), I'd like to apply for the position of Moderator of the Role Playing forum.
    That's right, I want to moderate a dead forum. Seems a perfect fit, considering I'm a dead forum member. I don't see why exactly anyone would have a problem with this, especially considering it is a dead forum. I'd like to make some renovations to this forum, in yet another attempt to lure in unsuspecting members stir up attention.

You may be wondering what I'd want to add that I couldn't already. The answer is simple: Sub-forums.
    Observe this Role-Playing forum I found with a quick search on the old GooGle. As you can tell, the forum is very divided into many different types of Role-Playing. I won't be nearly so thorough, but I feel that sub-forums could contribute to a more organized feel. Currently, I can confirm that I would want to add sub-forums for...
    > Character Bios (Best to keep this separate from the actual RPing!),
    > Tabletop RPs (As much as I don't like it, Dungeon Escape does technically have a place here.),
    > Advanced RPs (For all the hardcore players like myself...so population, 1. You would have to be approved by someone already in this sub-forum in order to be "allowed" to post.),
    > Possibly Battle RPs (RPs not about plot, more for players to fight each other without a care in the world. Potentially worth keeping separate from Plot-based RPs.)
    > And leave the default section for anything that doesn't go into the sections above. No Private RPs; if such is desired, it could just as easily be done in a Private Discussion.

If these suggested renovations result in a boost in RPing activity, you can have my word that I will become a more active member in order to manage the RP community. If this does not prove true, feel free to remove my title and bestow them upon who you would deem the second-in-command.
    ...Well, that's that. Now all I have to do is wait to get shot down.

3. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Even though I read the whole thing, I have only one thing to respond to in this whole message. Why would you get shot down? You obviously have tried to actually make the ERF like Role-Playing, so you can definitely manage to moderate the whole section.

BassWins likes this.
  4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

CF:

I can't even remember who the RP mod is or if there even is one. If the position is open, I would approve of you taking care of it. You're not really a "dead member", you're still fairly active. A couple of things, though. Sub-Forums have to be added by the web-admin, Jay. As a local moderator, you would only be able to edit, delete, move, merge, close and sticky threads and posts. You should contact Jay and bring this up with him, he's really the one you need to talk to about this since he's in charge of assigning new mods and such. I think it would be great to see the RP section become more active, and you're definitely devoted to it!

Rey:

Done

uglyrodent and Rey D like this.
  6. Johnny

Johnny Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I hope to show you guys and improve upon works and not give up. After all you're all very creative inspirations for someone like me. I hope being here for me and everyone else can be a positive experience. You know I had a small conversation with Jay today. He said to me not to let anyone tell me VIA a label or anything else that I'm incapable of doing something. Was kinda cool to hear that. I'm really glad to be in a supportive environment with many people who give encouragement. And for the handful that don't I really think it was important for me to get what I had to say off my chest so you could understand where I'm coming from.

Thank you Rodent, Alice and anyone else who listened and were understanding about what I had to say. I really appreciate the support. I know it may seem like I may be emotional, annoying etc. but I'm just as passionate as all of you about gaming and bringing gaming forward, having cool discussions and even brainstorming sessions, having a laugh or two, and finally making a few friends along the way. This is what makes up a great community and I believe in this one.

uglyrodent, BassWins and Rey D like this.
  7. Rey D

Patron

So... there's a thread called Sprite Sheet Discussion.
    It is said in the OP post that it is meant for people to post rather random sprites and possibly discuss about them.
    The title, on the other hand, specifies sprite SHEETS and DISCUSSION, which does sound inappropriate.

That's why I contacted VirtualSonic about a title change.
    And I suggested a few titles and he said that Sprite(s) Cafe "sounds sorta nice".

EDIT: I don't know which of "Sprite Cafe" or "Sprites Cafe" should be used.
    Gramatically talking, I think "Sprite Cafe" is the most correct.

8. aliceandsven

I'll change it to "Sprite Cafe", if you guys want to change it let me know

9. Rey D

Patron

This thread is in "Food" forum, whereas it belongs to the "Forum Games".

10. aliceandsven

11. twinAgkistrodon

twinAgkistrodon Level 5: Spiny

12. Rey D

Patron

Alright so here's the deal:
    The thread Defeat Something with Something Else! is becoming popular (more or less), but unfortunately, the title is misleading. And people don't always read the OP.

That's why I talked about this to the creator of the thread, aka Game&Watcher, and he thought about "Picture War" as new title.

Thank you for all your work alice, by the way.

13. aliceandsven

fjola.gif
    Mod Drop Box updates complete!
    Click "Finish" to complete installation

Rey D likes this.
  14. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

I don't know if you can do this or not, but the description of "Character Battles" is "Vote on your favorite Mega Man characters".

You should change it to something else, like "Vote on your favorite Characters", or something related to that.

15. Rey D

Patron

So I created the thread Super Arm: Bugging Multi-coin blocks because I didn't remember the thread a bug with the guts arm existed.
    I've already posted my analysis on it, so the one I opened can be locked, deleted or whatever.
    However, renaming "a bug with the guts arm" to "Super Arm: Bugging Multi-coin blocks" should make the title more accurate.

16. aliceandsven

Captain: You have to talk to Jay about that, I can't change that.

Rey: done :)

Rey D likes this.
  17. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

18. aliceandsven

Merging works by taking all of the posts from two threads and putting them in order by the date they were posted. Mods can't change the position of a certain post in a thread.

If I merge those two threads, the first post of the earlier thread is going to be the first post of the merged thread, the first post of the later thread will be buried somewhere between.

You could just edit the first post in the Sonic Boll thread with the new information from the Mushroom world thread (or if you can't, then I can), and then I could merge them. I don't think those two threads were open together for very long, if at all, so there shouldn't be too much confusing overlap.

Let me know what you wanna do.

19. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

The thread Last Poster wins used to be a game. But now the only thing I see is a bunch of random shit there. Please move it to Spam where it belongs, or make they stay on-topic.

20. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

There is no topic...if you post there last, you win. The thread has basically always been random shit.

BassWins likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.