Official Mod Drop Box

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by aliceandsven, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

They don't even mean winning anymore like old times. And it still should be moved to Spam, Count to 1,000,000 was a game but it was put in Spam.

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I am forwarding this to Thecatreturns, Forum Games mod

I vote for a move to Spam but I want to know what TCR thinks

3. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

It would be nice if you could merge them and then delete enough posts for me to have the first. We would lose a few, though.

4. aliceandsven

Ok, double checking because I want to get this right and make sure you're got everything ready before I do it

I'll delete these posts:
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/sonic-boll-the-sonic-on-smbc-tech-demo-tests.2543/
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/foru...onic-on-smbc-tech-demo-tests.2543/#post-72230
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/foru...onic-on-smbc-tech-demo-tests.2543/#post-72231
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/foru...onic-on-smbc-tech-demo-tests.2543/#post-72232

then merge both threads? Is that it?

(make sure you save the info in the first post if that's important)

5. Omicron

Yes, that's it. Thanks.

6. aliceandsven

Omicron and uglyrodent like this.
  7. Omicron

Thank you!!! The links were ridded with " title=/ but i was able to fix.

8. thecatreturns123

thecatreturns123 Level 9: Spike Top

I can see how this could be perceived as the case as the post content does not relate to the game itself, however the mechanic of the game is in the competitive posting itself. I'll admit that is my opinion as the OP, which is of course going to have a unique bias, but unless there is request for movement to spam (which would simply retain the fact that posts do not count in the the thread), the thread will remain as is for now.
    Plans for an ultimate victory state have always been considered by myself, but nothing has yet to be implemented, since it would be very hard.

uglyrodent likes this.
  9. Blasterott18

Blasterott18 Level 3: Paratroopa

Can someone please delete my GBA system request? You'll see why if you read it

DONE

10. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

In the Adult/Vulgar thing, it says "Click here for information to join this group" or something like that. There is nothing to click on.

Is this something you can change or not?

11. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

The Pitch Video Soundtrack thread had on purpose to ask a question about the pitch video for the SRS Kickstarter Campaign, so it should have been posted in the Super Retro Squad Kickstarter Campaign.
    I decided that I could just answer the question and let the thread die afterwards, but apparently Johnny is against that. So I don't know what should be done about it, but something needs to be done.
    Thanks.

12. Johnny

Johnny Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

*sigh* This is where the miscommunication comes into play Rey. It wasn't that I was against it. I just feel like you should have gone about that in a more appropriate way. Maybe I'm misunderstanding here what your intentions are. I don't have a problem with you advising someone else. But its the words you choose which makes it seem like you're trying to make others feel like lesser of a person. Alice doesn't see it that way and I don't know why. But I think in threads words need to be chosen more carefully. This is ultimately what has led to conflict between myself and you and your friends. And now we're in a position where we have to fix this somehow.

When I respond to you about something its because I want you to understand better that there's other ways you can approach the situation rather than talking down to people and if you're not talking down to people then think about why its being taken that way.

When I told you not to back seat mod it was because of the tone you took towards the other person. It would have been ok to say "Hey you know there's a thread here you could talk more about this in." and direct a mod to the thread so they could lock it. However, to come off like "You're stupid and should know better" that IMO isn't the way it should be approached.

13. Rey D

Patron

"You could have posted in the already exisitng thread"
    and "Next time please post in the thread designed for discussion because your question is on-topic about that thread and redundant threads are misleading and eat bandwtih"
    basically mean the same thing.

I had a message to communicate, and so far the guy hasn't complained. It's you who think I take down people because of how you see those words.
    I'll give my posts a shot of thought, though.

Johnny likes this.
  14. Johnny

Johnny Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Fair enough. Thanks for explaining.

15. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

This seems pretty much resolved, but I would like to intone that Johnny seems to be pretty well versed in forum etiquette, but a lot of our users have formed our own dialect, so to speak, of proper internet manners. Most of us joined these forums before any others (I did at least) and I think due to that we have kind of a unique way of handling things amongst ourselves.

I think a lot of this is less people being wrong and more just two different sets of rules clashing.

Omicron and twinAgkistrodon like this.
  16. aliceandsven

Just a reminder, this thread is not really for user disputes and arguments, it's a noticeboard for less important janitorial issues.

" ... For example, if an old thread needs a title change to better fit the current state of the community or the community's practices; if you're not sure where a thread really belongs, or if you made a thread in the wrong place and want it to be moved; etc. ... User related issues should not be brought up here."

The last clause is there because of the "wild-fire" nature of drama between users. Calling someone out publicly has a good chance of escalating the situation and making it a lot worse.

The thread seems to be pretty successful so far, with six pages it looks like it's doing the trick.

17. Omicron

18. Omicron

Rey D, Anon421 and BassWins like this.
  19. Rey D

Patron

The Missile is a thread about a game, and it's in "Topical Discussions", so I asked if the guy would want to be moved to "Creative Projects", and they're okay with that.

20. the D

the D Level 5: Spiny

i would like for two of my accounts , darkness and the doom, to be deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.