Request Music: Choose your Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Features' started by TiagoDu, Dec 29, 2013.

1. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

I'm pretty sure SMBC has over 50 soundtracks from many 8 and 16-bit era games. Currently, you can choose to play either the Character skin soundtrack or the Map skin soundtrack, plus some hidden soundtracks where you have to choose a certain skin choice for it to play.

My request is to either:

1 - Be able to customize characters/skins soundtracks. Let's say i want to play Contra music on a Link skin. Make a menu where you can select a character and a skin (or a map skin) and customize what soundtrack to use and be able to rearrange the tracks (For example, swap Overworld/Underground music)

2 - Be able to make a single custom soundtrack, where you can customize and toggle on/off on a menu. Similar to the above, but not being able to change each character/skin soundtrack.

So...pretty please? :)

Beed28 likes this.
  2. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

I think it has been said that the music is tied to the character system or something.

They'd have to rewrite it. Unlikely at this point.

3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Be able to customize characters/skins soundtracks. Let's say i want to play Contra music on a Link skin. Make a menu where you can select a character and a skin (or a map skin)
    -
    and customize what soundtrack to use and be able to rearrange the tracks (For example, swap Overworld/Underground music)
    -
    Be able to make a single custom soundtrack, where you can customize and toggle on/off on a menu. Similar to the above, but not being able to change each character/skin soundtrack.
    ---

In short, most probably not possible without a lot of work.

4. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, i know they would have to rewrite the whole music system, but i wanted to get a request thread up just as we can discuss HOW it could be rewritten. ;)