Verifying Music set doesn't change properly

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Rey D, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Basically, on 4-1 (as example ; I'm sure it does the same thing on similar levels) with

Music console: character
    Music set: character

the music set depends on which map you're playing with.
    With Ryu NES or SNES, if you play with the SMB1 map, it plays 4-2. If you're playing with SML2, it plays 2-1.

However, music doesn't change right as you change map. You have to trick around to make it play the right one. I tested the solutions to make it play the right music after having changed the map:

• Enter a pipe (or heaven coins) then come out
      1. Change music set to MAP
      2. Unpause
      3. Change back music set to CHARACTER
      4. Unpause
    Congratulations, it plays now the right music.

EDIT: Yet the music does change properly when swapping ACTIVE SKIN.

2. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

The character music changes according to the theme of the current skin even though it's set on character. On dark levels it plays music that sounds more epic. Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

3. Rey D

Patron

→ Well it's supposed to change according to the map skin indeed.

However, changing the map skin doesn't make the music change right as you changed the map skin.

If you play on 4-1 with a day level skin, it plays the day music. When you change only the map skin to a night level skin, the music stil plays day music. You must trick around so the music change to night (the simplest trick being going down the pipe and coming out).

That's not any big deal. It was just confusing me when I encountered that, making me want to discover what was triggering this.

4. missingman

missingman Level 1: Goomba

Why is world 4 even a night level? I think it should stay true to the original SMB and have only world 3 and 6 as night levels. Besides that, I think world 8 should (for some skins) because that's how it was in SMB3

5. Rey D

Patron

→ Jay used skins at their best ways. If we had to do what you want, there would be so less different map skins!

→ So now you want to be true to SMB3. .__.