New rank pics!

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Ryuza, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Spokavriel

Spokavriel Level 5: Spiny

2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

User-made titles would be interesting, but I would suggest it only be available for people who have reached Bowser (or perhaps a level higher, at 6k posts maybe?). I suppose they would still have 10 stars, since mods, super mods, and special ranks are 11, 12, and 13, respectively. I've seen that on other forums, where people who have a very high post count get to create their own title. I would also suggest that perhaps it's a one-time change, or at least be under the control of the mods and admins, so that people can't just constantly be changing their title (not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that, but it seems like some regulation would be nice :p).

3. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

How about Spike Top instead? It takes way too much time to reach 6k posts.

Edit: Jay's rank blinks too fast.

Edit 2: Also when are the rank post counts going to be rebalanced?

4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

If there's gonna be custom ranks, it shouldn't be anything lower than Bowser. Why reward someone with something like that for anything less than reaching the top?

5. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, I think that upon being Level 10 you should be able to customise your rank image and rank text.

6. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

We're talking about titles, that are 4-word long sentences underneath the username. They're not nearly as important as custom ranks.

Edit: Currently they're disabled, but i've seen some other Xenforos that use it though.

Edit 2: I made a version of link-star that animates the stars a bit slower: link-star-2.gif

7. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

When did ReNeX become a programmer?

8. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Within the past couple days actually, hopefully Jay doesn't mind that I already set up the rank for him. :)

sbq92 likes this.
  9. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Hang on, he's part of Exploding Rabbit?!

10. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

........Maybe...

11. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

?
    o__o
    My eyes got used to see that rank, but I didn't realize it was set to ReNeX.

12. MSX

MSX Level 2: Koopa

Dat Wily.

13. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Enough post number for custom title and stuff? Don't be ridiculous, post number is super way overrated. Who cares how much someone post? The quality of someone's actions is what matters and not just posting around whatever. Anyone can just spam around a bunch of posts, that won't make anyone better.
    I think for such custom goodness you would require enough trophy points instead, that includes everything of the person like how much posts he made, how much likes he get, since how long he is a member, etc. That could be a lot more fitting and correct for such a special reward.

Crownjo, Omicron and uglyrodent like this.
  14. Spokavriel

So you feel that the custom title should be a kind of Merit Badge? Like the Purple heart was when it was created by George Washington?

15. Urutsune

Well look if you think it is nothing special and like as really whatever then it should be available for everyone. But if you think it is a special thing then it should be given out through real reason what do not qualify under making a lot of posts. Some people speak often, some not so often but longer and in more quality. So if you stick your nose into conversation very often that makes you super respect worthy so like you even deserve your own custom title? Well I don't feel like that about it. What you gave to the forum what really matters, quality over quantity. Just like in real life making you run your mouth all the time won't bring you much closer to anything, you have to do something of real quality. Hope you understand what I mean. I do not say you have to become a super veteran universe savior hero to earn it, it just needs to be earned fairly.

Omicron likes this.
  16. Spokavriel

I was asking for clarification but now I'm more confused.

17. Urutsune

I was just merely suggesting a different way how it should be decided who can get a custom title. I find post number way too easy to cheat and trophy points are not really since it reflects everything what and how the user has done stuff. Custom title is obviously not free candy so I think it should be made sure it is given to someone who truly deserves it. Trophy points seem to be a lot better choice for the job by my opinion.
    How much does the custom title worth and how much you need to do for it is something up to the dear owners to Exploding Rabbit and not me. I just only suggested a more cheatproof method.

18. Spokavriel

Why not just leave it up to a staff vote? With Jay having Veto power over it?

19. Urutsune

It is my personal opinion. Just a suggestion. Everyone has the right to voice it's own opinion. Also I am just trying to help the way I can by giving my opinion about what might be good or better. I do not think I do anything bad or something what is in the way.

20. Spokavriel

I was wondering what your opinion was on the other possibility. That was my point to the question. I'm not saying anything is wrong. What happened to the world in the 90's (Because that is when this started happening) that somehow questioning things instantly includes an accusation?