New rank pics!

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Ryuza, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

It's because of how you formulated your question I guess.

2. Spokavriel

Spokavriel Level 5: Spiny

I'm a little surprised there wasn't a single comment on the flaming Bowser suggestion. [​IMG]

3. Rey D

Patron

Oh, right, it's backward, I mean, the fireball's mirrored.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. Spokavriel

The shape of the flame never made sense to me in game. The brightest part is where the fuel is right? So why isn't the darker part streaming like a comets tail? < This was what had me putting it this way. Well that and thinking it might not hurt to double up the frames and let the flames have a bit more motion.. But that would increase the file size.

5. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Flames also don't have a flat edge on one side.

But, yknow, NES.

6. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I guess my complaint worked. I complained to them and threatened to find a new image hosting site.

EDIT: I also finally fixed my custom rank siggy. Looks better don't it!!!:joy:

Rey D likes this.
  7. Spokavriel

Looks nice. But you have 13 stars next to it so can it really be a questionable level?

8. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

[QUOTE:Spokavriel]Looks nice. But you have 13 stars next to it so can it really be a questionable level? [/QUOTE]
    Could just leave it as ? instead of Level ?. Either way I think ? fits me well.;)

9. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Here's my rank
    Level -1: Looped Madman
    My rank.png
    As you can see, I've gotten into transparency. This whole thing is about the minus world. I find green the biggest way to represent it, so I took the green overalls Mario from the invincibilty pallet, changed the white skin to the actual skin color, slapped it on there, and edited the stars, then went into GIMP and added transparency. This thing Is designed for a joke, but it'd be cool to actually have this. This image could actually work as a rank, due to it not having any stars, or any animation. It does look a bit lonely like that, though. It'd probably work if he was walking around. If anyone is willing animate him walking, here's a mini sheet. theminusdude.png

10. Rey D

Patron

As proven by Mitsy, if the frames are used in that order, the guy goes backward.
    Should I fix it by giving a sheet/making a gif ?

11. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Made a new Bowser rank pic, I gotta wait for Jay to upload it before it'll show up though.
    bowser-star.gif

sbq92 and Rey D like this.
  12. Spokavriel

I was just taking a look in the emulator. It seems the flame constantly inverts as it travels.

13. Ryuza

Oops, forgot to fix that, it originally had the animation but I cut out some frames and forgot to add it back.

14. Spokavriel

Just played with settings any slower than 5/100 of a second and the flame doesn't have the same visual feel as the game. Flame.gif

15. Ryuza

Just made a new version:
    bowser-star.gif

Omicron, BassWins, sbq92 and 2 others like this.
  16. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

I can't wait to reach Bowser rank!

17. Spokavriel

18. Rey D

Patron

My personal favorite one is Level 8: Bloober? . :D

World 1-1 likes this.
  19. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu