Request Ninja Gaiden Trilogy Skins

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I got this idea from the Rock skins that do not allow sliding or buster shots. What if there were Ryu Skins that only had weapons from specific games? Here's my idea:

Ken/Jo Hayabusa: NG1 weapons and music only
    Shadow Clone Ryu: NG2 weapons and music only
    Enemy Red Ninja or Ryu Doppelganger: NG3 weapons and music only

This would allow one to play in the style of any NG game and the ability to enjoy the music from said game.

mariofan2020 likes this.
  2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

As I have said before, skins changing how the weapon-collecting works most likely will not happen.

3. Mitewing

But in this instance, it makes sense, if not for the game play differences, but for the enjoyment of the various music.

4. MissingNo2

Different skins for the music is fine, but the weapon system is beyond doubtful.

5. Mitewing

Why do you say that? Ryu didn't have access to every weapon in every game, so it would be accurate, plus challenging since in NG 1 and NG 2, he didn't have the Sword Extension and in NG 3 he didn't have the regular shuriken.

6. MissingNo2

Thing is I'm positive they can't completely eliminate things that you gain later on, only things you start off with.

7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

You can't be.
    But it most likely can't be easy to change the power-up as they have to write the mechanics for the new weapons.

8. MissingNo2

I'm basing this off of changes already in the game which seem to follow a similar formula.

9. Rey D

Patron

I know, but you cannot know what they can't do as long as they don't state it.
    For example, no one knew they could make charge shots freeze enemies, but they did it.

Mitewing likes this.
  10. MissingNo2

Well freezing enemies already had code in place before 3.0, so it's not like it was entirely unexpected.
    This on the other hand doesn't really seem too plausible, especially when considering you can switch skins at any time.

11. Rey D

Patron

I'm not denying it. I'm saying that you have to choose your words, because you cannot entirely know without having the code before your eyes.
    Using words like "doesn't really seem too plausible" is exactly what I expected from you.

Mitewing likes this.
  12. Mitewing

I agree that some changes in programming would be needed. Maybe at least Ken/Joe and Shadow Clone Ryu could not have the Sword Extension. I have ideas of replacing weapons with others so I think it's possible but would take some extra programming.

13. Mitewing

Double posting for an alternative idea. Because Ryu's subweapon cannot be easily removed I am suggesting the following:

Ken/Jo: NG 1 music, No Shadow Clones, No Sword Extension
    Shadow Clone Ryu: NG 2 music, Shadow Clones, No Sword Extension
    Enemy Ninja/Ryu Doppelganger: NG 3 music, No Shadow Clones, Sword Extension

14. Mitewing

Given the current limitations of the skins, I have rethought these skin ideas:

Ken/Jo: May be exactly like Ryu gameplay style, or he could have Haggle Man's sword attack. Another idea is for him not to be a Ryu skin at all! Star Lolz has a made Ryu into a Simon skin which is in that thread. Making the Simon skin into Ken would be a great compliment to the Grant Danasty Ryu skin.

Shadow Clone Ryu: Exactly like Ryu except for appearance and NG2 music.

Ryu Doppelganger: Ryu's NG3 skin has additional sprites with his scarf. This could be made into the Ryu Doppelganger in the game. He could have Haggle Man's sword attack and if possible not start with the Shuriken as it doesn't appear in NG3. In his boss form, the Doppleganger is a darker shade of purple so it could be possible to make his colors to match.

15. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think default NES Ryu should have the additional scarf sprites. If you're hesitant about using graphics from NG3 in an NG1 skin, don't be, because he already has the Sword Extension anyway.

16. Mitewing

Maybe so, hopefully this will be resolved with the next update.