Not a Bug No longer possible to choose only NES or Game Boy character skins?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by elim, Aug 10, 2013.

1. elim

elim Level 2: Koopa

SMBC 2.x had four character skin options: NES, SNES, GB, and NES+GB. As far as I can tell, 3.x only has the 8 & 16 bit character options. This makes it impossible for players using random characters to have characters from only the NES or only the Game Boy.

Am I missing something, or are these options gone now?

Mitewing likes this.
  2. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I am guessing it is temporary. You see there is only a single game boy map skin (though the regular SMB skin can act as game boy too with gameboy music settings). So there is not much for game boy right now. You can pretty much just select the SML 2 skin and there you are.
    Later there will be more and I am sure we will get back the option that day.

3. elim

I never said anything about map skins. This is about character skins. Most characters have a multitude of Game Boy skins.

4. Urutsune

Well yeah but the reason I said is why you don't have the option. If you think you should have the option for 3.x then you should request it under Features. This is clearly not and can't be a bug, it is a decision by the developers to not have the option for this version.

5. elim

The options for this game were massively over-hauled with tons of new and altered features and menus. I can easily imagine that either something slipped through the cracks, or that I'm simply missing the new way to use only GB characters. That's why I phrased the thread as a question. I simply asked to know IF the option has been removed. If it was an intentional omission, then by all means close the thread or move it to requests.

As for your guess-- There are now over two dozen GB character skins. More than enough to warrant their own option in the menu. I fail to see why level skin is relevant.

6. Urutsune

I see you point. I was just saying my best guess as it seems very likely, especially since the lack of game boy skins so far has been discussed before that we have a whole option just for game boy skins yet we still only have one game boy map skin so far. So it is very possible that it has just not been included until more game boy map skins. But yes, I guess the best would be words of confirmation of what is the case.

7. elim

We've focused on the lack of a GB only option, but it runs both ways. I don't believe it is possible to select only NES character skins, either.

8. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Sorry for the late response to this.

For 3.0, we changed "NES", "SNES", and "GB" to just "8-bit" and "16-bit", with GB being considered 8-bit. So, this isn't a bug.

Rey D likes this.
  9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Any chance of reverting it back with the options 8 bit console, 16 bit console, and 8 bit handheld?

luigiman64 likes this.