Old Versions of SMBC

Discussion in 'Game' started by Jay, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Lazy-proof Link: http://www.explodingrabbit.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._Crossover/Old_Versions

Does anyone have the old versions of SMBC? People have been requesting to have the old versions on the site, and I think I should finally do it. I don't need 1.0 because that's on newgrounds, but I need 1.1 and 1.2. Let me know if anyone has them.

Edit: Specifically I'm looking for 1.1.03 and 1.2.03

2. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I have both! Should I leave downloads for them here or should I pm them?

Rey D, Crownjo and uglyrodent like this.
  3. Jay

Awesome. I sent you a PM.

4. Urutsune

Okay I sent them. It's a real luck I thought archiving every version would be a good idea.

5. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Whoa you have every version?

6. Urutsune

Hahaha yeah! You see originally I saved them just in case something would happen to exploding rabbit. I always saved if a new version came out but forgot to always delete the old one as it just got stored somewhere by that time. My file storage is a real big random mess, I have all kinds of stuff there. So if I need something I have to do a little mining too. So after couple version got stored I decided to save each version for just never know when it may come handy.

7. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Oh wow do you even have the legendary 1.0? Maybe you can send them to me someday.

Faruga likes this.
  8. Urutsune

LOL of course I have 1.0! To be honest that one is even easy to find on the internet as it has been uploaded by fans to a lot of low quality flash game websites.

Faruga likes this.
  9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Do you even have versions that doesn't last long? Like 1.1 or 2.0 ? :p

Faruga likes this.
  10. Urutsune

I may don't have a few very misc ones. I don't know, I don't keep track of it that much! Let's not get overboard.

11. Rey D

Patron

Haha I don't know what came across my mind.
    Anyawy, I think I could have used that. For days whe internet doesn't work, for example. :p

EDIT: But having so much versions on the site will be heavy for bandwith, right?

12. Jay

Well it turns out I didn't plan ahead. In version 1.1 and 1.2, they can only be played from the original game's url and the computer hard drive. So I can't embed them into a web page... unless someone hacks them. I put download links up instead. Version 2.0 and above will not have that problem.

Here's the wiki page I made.

Edit: Do you guys think I should put up the original 1.0 instead of the revised newgrounds 1.0?

ThomasMink likes this.
  13. Rey D

Patron

→ Aw indeed. Firefox launched directly and it leaves blank after the downloading time. :p

→ Differences?

14. Urutsune

That's a pity indeed. It would be nice if it could be hacked. Btw I noticed the Atari edition is playable too! YAYZ FOR ATARI!

Well it is playable if you open the swf with a browser. That's how I used it.

15. Jay

It's the true first version. It doesn't have the messages that tell you to play the new version.

16. Rey D

Patron

→ I read that too. That's how thecatreturns could Livestream it. :p

→ Well I can't play directly from links on the wiki. I downloaded them first to be able to play them.

→ Hm... Yeah I guess you should put the original, since the point of playing the older ones is playing the older ones.

17. Jay

Version 1.1 and 1.2 won't work anywhere on the internet except at http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

Not sure why I'd put them on Newgrounds anyway though. If someone wants to hack them I'd be fine with it, but I'd still prefer they're only playable on explodingrabbit.com. Since 1.1 and 1.2 are old though, if someone was able to get it to work on any website I'd put that version up so it could be played in the browser.

Also I put up the original 1.0 and I put a link to the Atari version on the wiki.

ThomasMink and Rey D like this.
  18. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

19. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

You're a funny man asking if anyone has old versions of your own game. :p

ThomasMink likes this.
  20. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu