"Open all alerts as tabs"

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by TiagoDu, Sep 3, 2013.

1. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Most of the time, when i go to ER, i see 10 or more alerts. You have to click one by one.
    I suggest having an "Open all alerts as tabs" button to ease the work of opening multiple alerts.

Of course, if it's impossible to implement, well, i can live with that... :)

2. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Not sure if this can be done, but it would be great if possible.

TiagoDu likes this.
  3. Psychotix

Psychotix Level 3: Paratroopa

That is a great idea.

4. imgdat

imgdat Level 5: Spiny
    Patron

I can't find an add-on that does anything like that. I also don't have the time/current-know-how to custom code something like that. However you could look into coding/automating it yourself on your browser. A custom Greasemonkey script could probably do it. There's also iMacros for Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome. I find the "Chromium browser automation" extension for Chrome to be fairly easy to work with.

5. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

And if a page were to try opening so many tabs the browser would probably disallow it anyway.

I'm comfortable with opening them manually here, because A) most of the time there will be both a like and a quote on the same thread, or multiple likes on the same post. and B) most of my computers can't handle more than 3 tabs.

Rey D likes this.
  6. imgdat

imgdat Level 5: Spiny
    Patron

Very true. Opening multiple tabs like that could trigger a browser's pop-up blocker. And yes, having multiple tabs open at once could cause a browser on a slowly computer to hang or crash.

7. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I had over 12k alerts at one point.

DarkBowser100 and Omicron like this.