Request Original Health Meters

Discussion in 'Features' started by Nat, May 4, 2013.

1. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

This would be an awesome cheat. What I'm thinking is that when enabled, you wil not lose powerups, but you lose some life, represented with the megaman life bar. To unlock, beat the game with megaman and bass.
    What do you think?

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

This could be fun!

Nat and mitsymckenzie777 like this.
  3. Nat

Would the megaman knockback be featured?

Alkerion likes this.
  4. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Every character already has their own form of knockback so it'd be weird.
    Also I personally think a more generic lifebar would be a more suitable option.

Alkerion likes this.
  5. Nat

Sorry, when I said knockback I meant for the Mario Bros.
    And what would be unsuitable about this?

6. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

When have the Mario Bros had knockback?

7. Nat

They don't, which is why I thought the cheat would enable knockback for them.

8. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I think I made life bar mode request sometime very very very long ago before there was even request sections.
    Btw you actually don't need to use Mega Man health bar for the job. Everyone can use it's health bar from it's own game. Example Mario and Luigi can use the hearts life bar from SMB 2. Even for Bill his hit points could be represented by medals, when he would get hit he would drop dead and respawn at the spot where he got hit.

As I said I already made a thread of such sometime very long ago. I wrote it down in detail in it.

9. Faruga

Patron

I mean, in Nintendo games, when did they have knockback?
    Or is it just because everyone else has it?

10. Nat

Well they have knockback in SMB2 USA (and smash bros, though that doesn't really count)

11. Faruga

Patron

Not when shrinking.

12. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Yes, I remember the request. I think a Life Bar Mode should be added for all characters.

13. Nat

Alrighty then

14. Mitewing

I think characters could still start with 3 lives, but 100 coins and green mushrooms wouldn't give 1ups but refill health to balance gameplay. So one can only have no more than 3 lives.

15. MissingNo2

What
    If anything, Mushrooms and Fire Flowers should grant health. The 100 coins thing I can sorta get behind, but the 1up mushrooms? Eh.

16. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

How is a generic life-bar more suitable for Mega Man than Mega Man's lifebar...?!

Or is this referring to a life-bar for all the characters?

Mitewing likes this.
  17. MissingNo2

That is exactly what I'm referring to. Either multiple health bars to match the appropriate characters or a single, generic life bar is what I would agree to.

18. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

Don't forget about Castlevania 2's Simon healthbar system:
    [​IMG]

Alkerion and Mitewing like this.
  19. Mitewing

I would think Mushrooms/Flowers should be replaced by weapon/item powerups, except for the Mario Bros of course.

20. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, it seems the old threads are being revived at the moment. Same with the Ice Flower request, which I suggested a long time ago, and which was immediately shunned by a lot of people. Seems to be doing a lot better now.

It would be nice to be able to be hit without losing all your stuff while still having a balanced game.

Mitewing likes this.