Request Orpheus, Master of Clubs

Discussion in 'Characters' started by uglyrodent, Feb 5, 2012.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

So there was this somewhat obscure NES game called Battle of Olympus, and the main character (Orpheus is the canon name) would make an excellent addition to SMBC.

Now our more astute members will notice something:
    This is pretty much Zelda 2.Same controls, same sized sprites, same fucking NPC house styles.

I'm not saying it's like Zelda 2, I'm saying if you replaced every single object with squares instead of sprites, they would appear to be indentical.

I bring this up for a couple reasons. One, I legitimately love this game and want to see it represented in SMBC. Two, there are a LOT of people out there who want Adult/Zelda 2 Link in the game. If Orpheus was added, we would be able to make an Adult Link skin. Additionally, Orpheus has different items and powerups, meaning that it could very closely, if not identically simulate Zelda 2 Link, but that it would also be a very unique character in its own right.

Of course that's not to say you like...shouldn't want Zelda 2 Link, just that I think it would be a nice compromise that would get us an even more unique character.

Mitewing and aliceandsven like this.
  2. Ceed

Ceed Level 6: Lakitu

Interesting, I actually really like this idea and if I was a person that seriously played SMBC a decent amount I would support this, however it's weird that no one commented on this. I hope by posting and bringing this a little closer to the surface for a while others may take note of your idea. And stuff.

3. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

A reasonable suggestion.