Fixed Out-of-reach Powerup

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Zunar, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

In World 7-1, the first powerup box is too high to jump up and grab. This was in the original SMB, so all you could get was a Mushroom from it and not a Fire Flower. However, this puts Bill and his skins at a disadvantage. I suggest putting some kind of platform there if playing as Bill or any of his skins.
    World71.png

2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

lol. That's kind of shitty. I never noticed, cause I don't play Bill in that level. It is kind of funny though.

I (jokingly) suggest instead of a platform, when Bill hits that powerup box, a trollface should come out of it. :D

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

A platform that only appears as one character? That's unprecedented!
    Still . . . it is kind of a pain that Bill can never get that power-up, ever. And once you're in World 7, you need all the power-ups you can get. Plus, I'm making an effort to be less of a tightass . . . if this can be implemented gracefully, I'm for it.

4. Zunar

"Gracefully", huh? How about adding a spring? :p

5. Nemephosis

Solution:

umad.png

aliceandsven likes this.
  6. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

Maybe it could be a falling platform, 'cause a spring seems... a little broken, skipping part of the level as BILL FUCKIN' RIZOR is a big help, him not being able to get mushroom and all.

7. Nemephosis

Why don't we just move the fucking block one tile down. Jesus.

edit: And don't even fucking try to tell me that it isn't the way it is in the original because there are a shitload of helper platforms and other crap in here.

edit 2: Looks like that block is source accurate. I change my vote to "tough shit, deal with it".

8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Because SMB world. It's supposed to give you a mushroom. If it's above, you don't get it. That has always been this way.

uglyrodent likes this.
  9. Nemephosis

I'm pretty sure Mario can make that jump... hmm. One sec.

edit: Nope, Mario can't make it either. So it's source-accurate.

Looks like Bill will just have to *puts on shades* DEAL WITH IT

trolly.jpg

10. Zunar

^ Nope, he cannot. Luigi probably can, but not Mario. I've tried.

11. Nemephosis

I just posted a pic. Mario's jump is half a tile too short. Luigi definitely can. So can pretty much everybody not named Bill Rizer (and company.)

It's source accurate, which does seem to be the recurring thing going around here (wanting it as accurate as possible). Bill's going to have to suck it up.

edit: Besides, it's the flamethrower in that pic. You're not missing anything useful, lol

12. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think the point is that Mario can only get a Mushroom from that block, since it slides off the top and falls down. Most of the other characters can't reach it either, but they can also get Mushrooms from that block, just not any higher-level power-ups. As the only character without a Mushroom, Bill is the only one who can never get anything from that block.

13. Nemephosis

O_o

Samus, Simon, Bass, Ryu and Luigi can all reach it unassisted. Mega Man can reach the top with Rush Coil (by then he won't need to). Sophia can reach it using Hover or the ceiling climber (if you have the ceiling climber it is the last powerup and then you won't need to.) Link cannot reach the top, but he has a Boomerang, so he doesn't need to.

This means that, like I said, every character can get a non mushroom powerup out of it except for Mario and Bill. But it's accurate to the original game, which is what everyone wants, right down to any bugs that were in SMB. So, they will have to suck it up and do without.

uglyrodent likes this.
  14. Chaos

Chaos Level 5: Spiny

What do you mean

15. Rey D

Patron

Wait. How can that be confirmed as a BUG?? That's supposed to be this way!

Let's take characters with no sub-weapon of any kind, just mush.

Mario: cannot
    Luigi: can
    Link: cannot
    Samus: can
    Simon: can
    Mega Man: cannot
    Bass: can
    Bill: cannot
    Sophia: cannot
    Forgot ryu who can.

6 can, 5 cannot.

I'm positive it should stay this way.

Post fixed.

16. Nemephosis

Me too. Especially since when you factor in assistance, that goes up to 8 can and 2 can't.

Sorry about your luck, Bill and Mario. Your powerup is in another question block.

edit: Also you forgot Ryu on that list. He can make it.

uglyrodent and Rey D like this.
  17. Rey D

Patron

Thanks. I'll see with a mod about that thing.

18. Chaos

Chaos Level 5: Spiny

I think Mario could make it if he sprint-jumps

You'd need to put make more ground for him to sprint on but hey

19. Zunar

20. Nemephosis

Nope, doesn't look like there is any way to reach it short of activating Water Mode and swimming up to it.

Zunar: "confirmed" means "confirmed as a bug", not "confirmed that you're right". You didn't need to make quotes and then not say anything. Problem is, it ISN'T A BUG, and isn't something that needs changing.

uglyrodent likes this.