Request Pac-Man discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Mitewing, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Yeah, but what if he isn't the way he is in that video?

Mitewing likes this.
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I've seen it before. Jumping isn't a problem because he can do that in Pac-Mania. His main problem is that all of his powerups are temporary.

ThomasMink likes this.
  3. anika perry

anika perry Level 0: Newbie

I have to agree with you here. I mean who failed to play PAC-MAN as a child? Even the young ones now enjoy playing them.

Mitewing likes this.
  4. Mitewing

Maybe the Pac & Pal powerups can last at least until the end of the level to make them more useful and practical. The Super and Power Pellets should remain temporary.

5. Caliwar48

Caliwar48 Level 0: Newbie

That's quite sexy.

6. Powerstars

Powerstars Level 3: Paratroopa

Wha....?

7. Mitewing

Pac-Man is quite sexy with that spherical body of his, I'm guessing...

Powerstars likes this.
  8. Powerstars

Yeah...he is kinda. Oooh. Oh, Ms. Pacman came in. Oh, Aaah!

9. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

Totally random idea... what if he plays like in Pac-Man 2? I.E. he just wanders around and you have to guide him with a slingshot. Mushrooms make him happy, getting hit makes him sad, etc.

10. Powerstars

Is this a joke? It would be fun to play around with, but I think something like that is more suited as a character in MKF or M.U.G.E.N.

11. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

Half-joking, yeah. I don't really think it will or should be implemented, but it'd be interesting to play.

12. Mitewing

Currently the ideas for Pac-Man include:
    Jumping from Pac-Mania and using Powerups from Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man, and Pac & Pal. All four of those games were made by Namco and were originally released for the arcade. The problems are he is a one hit kill and powerups only last 10-15 seconds on average. I guess the best way to deal with this is to make certain powerups last longer than others. The Pac & Pal powerups only stun/freeze enemies. I guess those can last for 1 minute. The Super Pellet can last 30 seconds and the Power Pellet 15 seconds. Additional powerups eaten extends the effect. This actually happens in Super Pac-Man.

13. Mitewing

Double post for a new idea. Pac's biggest problem with Bowser is probably getting past the hammers. What if he can eat the hammers without a powerup? He's known for eating random inanimate objects. Any fire based attack would still kill him. What do you guys think?

14. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe only if his mouth is facing toward the hammers?

Mitewing likes this.
  15. Mitewing

Maybe. It may depend how he moves. Does he always run forward and you can only change directions or can one completely control him, meaning if you don't press the control pad, he doesn't move.

16. DarkSonic

DarkSonic Level 2: Koopa

Actually,Pac-Man World's Pacman can jump and dash jump,also he can stomp the enemies.

17. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Pac-Man World is what, in the Playstation era? Things like this need to focus on the earliest games possible.

Mitewing likes this.
  18. DarkSonic

Well,there's a GBA version of Pac-man's World

19. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

And that was during the Gamecube era, which was even LATER. Again, as EARLY. AS. POSSIBLE.

20. DarkSonic

Well,never saw pacman jumping in any other game.