Request Pac-Man discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Mitewing, Sep 27, 2011.

1. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Pac-Mania. LOOK IT UP.

Mitewing likes this.
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I agree with you, but partially. I agree that the gameplay should be based on the 2D Maze games, and not the 3D platforming games. However we should look at the newer 2D games, Championship Edition, CE DX, and Battle Royale, for ideas as well.

I don't think my idea about the Hammers is a good idea due to skinning issues. So there's needs to be a way for Pac-Man to get past Bowser in the harder levels. My idea is to use the Bombs in CE DX. The bomb stuns ghosts and knocks them back into the Regeneration Box. So in SMBC, Pac-Man can collect these bombs as powerups, but loses them if he dies. The bomb would knock back all enemies on the screen, but won't kill them. The bomb will be used by pressing the Special button.

Another powerup that can be added but not related to the Bowser problem is the Super Power Pellet found in Battle Royale. It combines the Power Pellet with the Super Pellet from Super Pac-Man without the Superspeed button.

DarkSonic likes this.
  3. DarkSonic

DarkSonic Level 2: Koopa

That's a good idea.But i really think It will be hard to play as Pacman compared to others

Mitewing likes this.
  4. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

That's THREE posts in a row. Edit your last post if you want to say something more, okay?!

5. DarkSonic

Fixed the problem,thanks!

Mitewing likes this.
  6. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

He doesn't jumps in Pac-Mania. I guess you mean Pac-Land.

7. Mitewing

You're right. He will be harder to play than others, so we needs to make his gameplay as balanced and fun as possible.

Edit: Pac-Man jumps in both Pac-Land and Pac-Mania.

DarkSonic likes this.
  8. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

My bad guys. I forgot he jumps in Pac-Mania. But Pac-Land was the first time he jumped.

Mitewing likes this.
  9. DarkSonic

I know one thing:Even if Pacman get a hard gameplay in SMBC,it will be fun to play as him.

Mitewing likes this.
  10. Mitewing

That's true. Pac-Land was a platformer that predated SMB. I'd like to use gameplay from there too if possible and practical.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  11. jan mathew

jan mathew Level 2: Koopa

In land levels:
    Z=jump
    Z+any direction=jump in any direction (only mushroom)
    In water levels:
    Arrow keys=go in that direction

Or
    Arrow keys pointed to wall=cling to wall

12. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think you clicked "Reply" when you meant to click "Edit".

MissingNo2 and Omicron like this.
  13. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

Y U NO REMEMBER PAC-LAND? excluding world 1-1.

14. jan mathew

jan mathew Level 2: Koopa

changed it

15. Mitewing

I also had an idea regarding eating brick blocks, but I'm not sure how to implement it. The only thing I can think of is only when he is Super Pac-Man it is possible. Plus it could work like the lines of pellets in the air in the Pac-Man World games to allow him to eat the brick blocks in the air. Pac-Man could move up, down, left or right to simulate classic Pac-Man game play. If he runs out of brick blocks to eat, he'd simply fall. Does this make sense?

16. Mitewing

Time to bump this with a new idea. I was inspired by Pac-Man's gameplay in SSB4. His default sprite would be from Pac-Land as it is a platform game. When he gets his powerups, he changes to the classic version, with no arms and legs. This way, the best of both worlds are being referenced.