Fixed Pharaoh Bug and Music Glitch

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Tsukiyomaru0, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Tsukiyomaru0

Tsukiyomaru0 Level 3: Paratroopa

OK, these two bugs happened with me.
    Pharaoh Bug: This one I reported directly to ER. It happened to me in 1-1. With Bass, right after getting the star, I got the Pharaoh Shot from the top question box nearby. Then, when I charged it, it seemed to loop forever the charging process, creating many Pharaoh Shot charges over Bass per 3/4 of a second. Then, after no more than 5 seconds, the game froze and pretty much crashed (had to close through Task Manager.

Music glitch: As for this, it happened with me several times through the game, most of the time when I exited a "pipe secret". It simply replaced the character's theme for that of Mario. I believe it is an actual glitch.

And an extra: if you time it right while pressing the "B Button" between the lives counter screen and the stage, you will start up the stage by firing TWO projectiles. Very fun, but I don't think it is really worth worrying over... Or... Is it?

2. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Someone else reported a crash related to pharaoh shot. It's good to know that the pharaoh shot was mulitplying itself. I'll look into it.

With the music, are you sure you didn't have any of the music options set to random?

3. Tsukiyomaru0

I think it wasn't on random... But saeeing how the save states didn't save some options, I might as well look into it too.

4. Jay

The save file didn't save your options? You should report that if it happened.

5. Tsukiyomaru0

Really? I believe it was being worked on... Well, I just loaded a while ago and seems two things happens after I load:
    1. The Character Selection Screen displays all of them in their second skin.
    2. Music Set was at Random from the very beginning, even though I never ever changed that setting. (might explain the music glitch?)
    3. Interface Visual was set to NES instead of Map Skin (for some odd reason)

6. Jay

Did you choose mix it up when you started your game? Because that sets the music set to random.

Edit: I'm marking this as fixed because the bugs this thread was created for have been dealt with.

7. Tsukiyomaru0

Really? I thought it would only mix it up visually.

8. Jay

Visually and Audioally (that's a word ;) ).

9. Tsukiyomaru0

Then, that covers it... Oh, before I forget: apparently there's a music clipping that occurs if a victory theme is too long for the "level clear"