Verifying Platform Jumping Problem

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by The Master of Blasters., Apr 10, 2012.

1. The Master of Blasters.

The Master of Blasters. Level 2: Koopa

In (for example) 1-2 the platforms that go up and down sometimes when I go to jump on the one that goes down I don't jump costing me a life.

ThomasMink likes this.
  2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

This doesn't sound like a bug...this just sounds like you should jump off of the thing before you die.

3. The Master of Blasters.

I try but I don't jump when I press the button.

ThomasMink and uglyrodent like this.
  4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I've never had this problem, but my speculation is that the game is getting little hiccups in speed that cause the platform to fall before the character does. This could make a little gap of air that would prevent the character from being able to jump.

Does this happen every time or just sometimes?
    Also, try it with Bass; if my theory is right, he'll be able to jump because of his double jump.

ThomasMink and TheomanZero like this.
  5. The Master of Blasters.

That is my theory too, and this has happened twice, with link and sophia (no hover) once each.

6. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I think this happened to me once.

7. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I don't remember this ever happening to me, but I've heard of this problem happening in other games. I think that to fix it, you have to reset the character's vertical velocity to that of the platform while you're touching it or something?

8. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

This happens to me as Mega Man somewhat often.. and happened once as Mario. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's frequent enough to make me slightly more paranoid of those damn moving platforms.
    If I were to partake in a speedrun on stages that have them, I'd likely have no chance at all (not like I would have one anyway, but still..).