Request Playable Bowser

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Beed28, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Beed28

Beed28 Level 5: Spiny

I was thinking of a new character, and it hit me. How about a playable Bowser?

:s::s::s::hl:
    :bowserr::s::fireball::s::hl:

It would be simple. Bowser would be able to stomp enemies just like Mario and Luigi. Once he gets a mushroom, Bowser can spit fireballs just like in the castle stages. These fireblasts can go through walls, but cannot hit :brick: or :u?: blocks, and he can only spit one fireball at a time. Bowser can also find a hammer powerup that allows him to throw hammers in an arc with the Special button, just like in Worlds 6, 7 and 8, but not as rapidly. These hammers also cannot hit :brick: or :u?: blocks, but can defeat armoured enemies.

One awesome idea here is that if Bowser dies, he turns into an enemy at random while falling off the screen, implying that the player Bowser is just a False Bowser like in the first 7 castles.

Bowser is aiming to rescue Kamek, Peach's replacement, from World 8-4, while he finds a Hammer Bro. (Toad replacement) in the other 7 castles.

I will try my hand at making a character template for Bowser soon. What do you think?

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

I feel like this is a duplicate, but I have no idea where the original would be.

Nat likes this.
  3. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Exactly. This really does feel like a duplicate, but searching bowser as threads comes up with this thread and some locked thread on yoshi.
    Ravior? Didn't he have "Bowser for SMBC" in his sig at one point?

4. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

There's one thread for "Bowser's Army" which is just all of the SMB enemies in one character, adn then there's a very old thread for "general villains".

I'll just leave this one as is.

5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

It would probably be hard to make Bowser playable elegantly, but he might be fun as a gimmick character (I'm sort of thinking of the Bowser segments from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door here, as well as the "Bowser Rampage" levels in Super Mario Fusion: Revival).

huang17 and Alkerion like this.
  6. Beed28

Beed28 Level 5: Spiny

Have a mockup template of sorts:
    SMBCBowserTemplateMockup.png

For the portrait, I just took Bowser's ending sprite from Mario's Time Machine and edited out the tears, and Kamek is an edit of the Magikoopa from SMW. The enemies at the bottom left is what Bowser will randomly turn into when he dies and falls off the screen.

7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Woops forgot to add the tag :o)

8. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Super rushed portrait mockup. sprite0.png

Beed28, TheomanZero and Alkerion like this.
  9. AGameReviewer

AGameReviewer Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

updated bowsa.png Edited portrait.

Omicron likes this.
  10. JAGUARHX

JAGUARHX Level 2: Koopa

Huuummm... ''a playable Bowser/Koopa king or a doppelganger Bowser'' ? I like that.

Well... if a ''playable boss'' be come true in the ''Super mario bros crossover'' many ''skin/characters alternatives'' like this guys is possible:

-Shreder (Ninja Turtle/platform game from NES)

-Dracula (many versions of Castlevania' s Draculas)

-Last Boss of Rygar/Lengendary warrior (NES) ? Tsc... very larger. Dont work

-Alien/mutant/another form of Dr. Wily

-Red Arremer (Ghouls n Ghosts n Goblins/Makaimura/Demons Quest)

-Abobo and M'Bobo (Double Dragon)