Request Pokemon characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by jc3833, Jun 4, 2011.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

He is literally the cartoon incarnation of Red.

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

[​IMG]

3. uglyrodent

The Pokemon show was created based on the games.

Ash was created to represent Red.

"Red" isn't even a character any more than "Elf Hunter from World of Warcraft" is a character. It is a STAND-IN for the player, and Ash is the stand-in for that stand-in.

You are arguing that Ash is literally the opposite of what he is.

4. MissingNo2

I don't think "Elf Hunter from World of Warcraft" was ever a final boss.
    Plus the manga did a million times more justice to the games than the anime ever will. True story.

5. uglyrodent

You can ignore the facts all you want, but I've stated them time and again and I'm done with trying to convince you of reality.

6. MissingNo2

There are clear points that clarify how pathetic Ash is compared to any other trainer. Hell, even YOUNGSTER JOEY is more appealing a character than Asshead.

7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

What the player actually accomplishes in the games makes Ash look like an idiot.

Yes it's the player avatar... but you DO accomplish various things universally, no matter who's playing. You beat Team Rocket, you become the champion, you can capture every pokemon, etc.

And he returns in Gold/Silver with a pocket full of high-level pokemon just beating up scrubs who cross him. Ash is still a wimpy little kid even today in the anime.

Omicron, TheomanZero and MissingNo2 like this.
  8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Your both' (UR and MN) points are right, there's no need for further posting about that.
    But since Ash has got no playing sprites as far as I know, let's refer to the Gen 1 trainer as Red.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  9. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, enough talking 'bout Ash. He's a retarded loser who thinks he's still 5 years old and should never be in SMBC or any other game. In fact he shouldn't even exist, there should only exist a stereotype of the trainer you play as in Gen 1 and not a loser trainer. I don't even watch the anime anymore for a reason.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  10. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Talk about contradictory behavior.

ANYWAY, Pokemon trainers never had any particular moves of their own in the handheld adventures, so I don't really see how they'd work in an action platformer.

11. World 1-1

Well I had to explain the reason!

12. ManniManni54321

ManniManni54321 Level 3: Paratroopa

I don't care how much ANY of you hate him; I AM A FAN OF HIM, AND WILL NOT TURN MYSELF AGAINST HIM, I PERSONALLY ADMIRE HIS PERSEVERANCE!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

13. MissingNo2

He practically bribed his way through all but one badge. And that's just the first season.

14. World 1-1

Fine, but you must agree that he has no particular moves for such game, and that's the most relevant thing about characters.

15. ManniManni54321

ManniManni54321 Level 3: Paratroopa

Thank you for not putting me down. :):D:cool:: 3 ._o

World 1-1 likes this.
  16. zacharyz00

zacharyz00 Level 0: Newbie

I have ideas for themes! :D
    Underground theme: Rock tunnel (from Red, Blue, and Yellow)
    Time almost up theme: Low health (from Red, Blue, and Yellow)
    Overworld theme: Route 1 (from Red, Blue, and Yellow)
    Starman theme: Celadon city (from Red, Blue, and Yellow)
    Castle theme: Blue champion theme (from Red, Blue, and Yellow)

17. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

Talking about a first post, try not to double-post please.

18. zacharyz00

zacharyz00 Level 0: Newbie

Got it! ;)

19. AndresAbad

AndresAbad Level 0: Newbie

That is a good idea, i was gonna publish it but someone did first.. So, yeah, they should add Red but with some edited sprites so it looks not like in the original games (in the games the only thing u can completely see is his hat -.-)... It should have a pokemon next to it , and the trainer actually isnt the one who plays, you move the pokemon next to him. In the character selection (or whatever it is), when you click on the pokemon trainer there will appear Red, Ethan and Brendan, and Kris, something like this example: Red (Squirtle), Ethan (Charmander), Brendan (Bulbasaur), Kris (Pikachu)... just example.. I wish this really was on the game :O

20. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

ash cant even get rid of a trio of idiotic team rocket grunts. or beat a single league. (orange islands DONT COUNT FOR SHIT) seems if ash were in a platformer his *ahem* "skills" will be subject to whatever the game feels at that time. meaning hed win sometimes and loses all other times. sound like fun?
    NOPE.AVI

besides.... anyone seen pokemon the origins? ash does NOT EQUAL red. in any way, shape or form.