Request Power Bombs and Super Missiles

Discussion in 'Features' started by LENS, Mar 15, 2012.

1. LENS

LENS Level 0: Newbie

You guys should add power bombs and super missiles for Samus.

2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Please do not attack this guy again, people, and let me explain calmly:
    Samus' items are from the original Metroid. Jay might consider putting in Super Metroid items, but I don't really know if it's very likely.

3. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

There are a lot of requests to have things added, which is understandable, I'm not trying to come down on people for making requests (I make requests, too). It's important to realize, though, that at this point, Jay has added pretty much everything he plans to add. There are a few things left on the to-do list (as can be seen in the sprite sheets), but he has actually said there is already too much in the game (he said this during the online radio interview a little while back). It's unlikely that he'll be adding a whole bunch of other stuff when it's not necessary and he's already pretty much made up his mind on what is and will be in the game.

4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

SMBC isn't nearly as combat-oriented as Super Metroid, so any weapons more powerful than regular missiles would be completely superfluous.

5. Overlord

Overlord Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Doesn't hurt to ask. Though Power Bomb and Super Missile would be EXTREME! lol :D Maybe too extreme. Idk. Plus with three buttons it would be hard to use it or he'd have to make more buttons to be used. Missiles are awesome.

6. LENS

LENS Level 0: Newbie

Look I'm sorry I was just making a suggestion. I like the game a lot and didn't know the equipment was from the first game only.

7. Overlord

I think it's only what some people want or think that is what Jay wants. Suggesting is a good thing.

8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

You're new, so it's okay. But for future reference, this game is intended to replicate the gameplay of classic NES games.

9. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

And classic Wii games.

We have the feature section so people can request new features, and obviously lots of them aren't going to be exactly how you and maybe even Jay want the game to be.

Considering the ratio of the volume of requests to accepted features, I don't see the need to get so up-in-arms over defending your ideal for the game.

Instead of being so oppositional let the interested people discuss it.

Overlord and ThomasMink like this.
  10. Overlord

Exactly! xP If there are no more upgrades for the characters then why would there even be an option to suggest more? =.=

huang17 likes this.