Princess Issue

Discussion in 'Skins' started by silentshadowxp, Mar 7, 2012.

1. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Now that we have skins, it is very possible that you could be playing as a character who just so happens to be saving themselves. This issue could also arise with the Toads at the end of the castles.

Example: Assume the current map skin you're playing is based on Mega Man with has Dr Light as Toad and Roll as the princess. Also assume that those two characters just so happen to have skins as playable characters as well. You could then end up having Dr. Light talk to himself at the end of each castle or Roll saving herself at the end of the game. It just wouldn't make sense.

What I propose is to instead add these sprites to the character skins instead, so that you don't have that awkward moment where you come face to face with yourself in the game.

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

This has been suggested already, but I have a shitload of tabs open already and don't want to find the link.

The thread is called "Add things to character skins" or some such.

3. silentshadowxp

Really? We were discussing this in the Theme Skin thread before (maybe that's the one you're thinking about?), and I figured I'd move it here since it didn't quite belong there. I apologize if there is already a thread about this though.

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I started a thread for this discussion a few days ago. Good to know multiple people are proposing the idea, though. :)

uglyrodent likes this.
  5. silentshadowxp

Ah, it's on the features section of the forum, that's why I didn't see it. And of course I'd propose it, I was there when you had the idea in the theme skins thread :p

It doesn't hurt to have it on two separate sections of the forum though, it gives the idea a better chance to get noticed. I figured that I'd make a thread about it on the skins section of the forums because that's what the topic deals with. I didn't really think to go looking in the features section (although I probably should have).